NORCAL'S $15 dollar 07+ strut mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Been doing this for over 6 years now on the 07 up trucks (aug 2006 did the first one and customer still has the truck with no issues)

I have a machine shop I do stuff out of so you will need a machine shop to do this. You remove the spring assembly and you pull up the lower spring perch and you will actaully do 2 grooves. The top groove is the factory one. The middle one is put at .40 under the oem ring. Then the 3rd one is .620 from original snap ring groove.

I was at 34 3/4 from ground to fenderlip on 305 30 24s and belltech spindles on my 2011 escalade. Going .40 under the original groove I am now at 33 7/8-34 which was 3/4 of a inch drop. THe .62 should give you about 1 inch drop.

Now you guys can go lower than 1 inch but just a heads up after 1 inch ride suffers and will kill the stock shocks a lot faster. Also remember to cut the front bumpstops down when you do this mod.

I charge $15 dollars per strut to do this mod for one groove ($30 a set) If you want additional groove add $5

I can do grooves from 0-2 inches but if you want multiple grooves I have to have at least 1/4 inch between grooves.

Attachments

• strutmod2.jpg
    strutmod2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Subscribed! Cant wait for this, lookin for a little lower on the hoe and this might be perfect!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
bump check first post.

Strobin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool, this is how the Koni struts on my Camaro are, has 2 perches so you can change height without springs.

bgsdewrf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Very cool, this is how the Koni struts on my Camaro are, has 2 perches so you can change height without springs.

Subscribed! Cant wait for this, lookin for a little lower on the hoe and this might be perfect!

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Would people like a option of me including new gm shocks and then milling them down??

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would people like a option of me including new gm shocks and then milling them down??

Yes, and how about BILSTEINS 4600 HD's while you are at it. :happy160:

Or.........If you want to do GM's do the Z-71 Bilstein GM's.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was going to but rather have people supply me with the shock just keeps it easier. Mill em down and ship em out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64

Latest posts