NORCAL SS Kit info/tech on how to level the rear of a 2015 up GM SUV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hutch08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rides beautifully. Trust me, I spent all my younger years driving lowered sports cars and don't want anything to do with that jarring, uncomfortable daily ride anymore. If this kit screwed up the comfort on this $70k truck, it would have been taken off the same night.

My only complaint is actually in the front. All of these trucks seem to float up and down when they hit bumps at any significant speed, even those with magnetic ride control. But I've heard from a few users that Bilstein 5100s up front don't add any harshness to the ride but reduce that floating bounce feeling significantly. That's my next step.

What's the range of the auto level shocks? 0-3"?

As for towing, there's a helper bag setup available if you've got excessive tounge weight you tow regularly.

The fact that there are multiple spring options out there and people who ordered this kit a year ago got different springs than people ordering today is frustrating while trying to do research. Also, I only read about one other person getting over 2" of drop like I did from swapping the 5305 springs, and it was on a different year with 2wd. With different spring numbers and even different results from the same springs, you're not going to get a one-size-fits-all answer.

Yeah man I agree.. I think the issue comes from the fact that physically you can put springs in there from any Yukon/tahoe/suburban/avalanche and it'll "fit". Then there's different height, stiffness, spacers, manufacturers, etc to throw into the mix.

Good to know that an inch on the shocks still rides fine... like you said, Tony advertises the Auto kits 1" to 4.5" of drop so I guess you can say they have over 3" of range.

I don't tow often, but it'll be interesting to see how low it sits when hooked up.

400exr1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all. Long time lurker never posted. I purchased this kit, based on the feedback from this thread, about 6 months ago for my 15 Yukon Denali. The install was straight forward and ride quality was excellent.

Now 6 months and 8,000mi later the ride is now absolutely terrible. I have called Tony 3-4 times and have not reached him. My shocks are adding 5/8" ride height as currently adjusted.

I pulled the compressor fuse and bled all the air from the shocks and the ride quality was noticeably worse. Anyone with similar issues? I'm about ready to pull this stuff off and toss it in the trash.

Anyone that can help?

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ i've had my kit on for over a year (& 15-20k miles) & it still rides great. & i tend to abuse it ;)

i've only ever emailed tony & he always gets back to me within a day, if not a few minutes.
do you have his email?

how did you set yours up? which spacers?
are the shocks/lines leaking?

01SLE

Reaction score
I'm curious on what springs your kit came with too?

400exr1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm curious on what springs your kit came with too?

I believe they are the belltech 5305. Running the only spacer provided and both insulators. No leaks. No issues with factory air ride.

400exr1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
^ i've had my kit on for over a year (& 15-20k miles) & it still rides great. & i tend to abuse it ;)

i've only ever emailed tony & he always gets back to me within a day, if not a few minutes.
do you have his email?

how did you set yours up? which spacers?
are the shocks/lines leaking?

I don't have his email.

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Long time lurker never posted. I purchased this kit, based on the feedback from this thread, about 6 months ago for my 15 Yukon Denali. The install was straight forward and ride quality was excellent.

Now 6 months and 8,000mi later the ride is now absolutely terrible. I have called Tony 3-4 times and have not reached him. My shocks are adding 5/8" ride height as currently adjusted.

I pulled the compressor fuse and bled all the air from the shocks and the ride quality was noticeably worse. Anyone with similar issues? I'm about ready to pull this stuff off and toss it in the trash.

Anyone that can help?

Back in Nov/Dec of 2016 I started with a 2/3 drop from Mcgaughys (Chevy dealership installed and aligned). In Jan/Feb 2017 I installed the 4" belltech springs without spacers, and shortened my autoride rods/endlinks (I installed and later re-aligned at Chevy dealership). So far, my ride has been great and no issues.

Can you elaborate on "terrible"? Is your ride bouncier, bottoms-out, too stiff, etc., etc?

400exr1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Back in Nov/Dec of 2016 I started with a 2/3 drop from Mcgaughys (Chevy dealership installed and aligned). In Jan/Feb 2017 I installed the 4" belltech springs without spacers, and shortened my autoride rods/endlinks (I installed and later re-aligned at Chevy dealership). So far, my ride has been great and no issues.

Can you elaborate on "terrible"? Is your ride bouncier, bottoms-out, too stiff, etc., etc?

Ride is terribly bouncy. Rides like a low rider with no suspension travel. Not bottoming out.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
400exr1, his email address in listed in every post that he makes and is in the beginning of this thread.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@400exr1
how low did you go?
are you sitting on the bump stops?
have you done the 'free travel mod'?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan