NorCal 4/6 custom installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
what needs to be done for 4/6 on AWD/autoride? (norcal or kingdog)

i was only able to find the 0-2/3-4 kit on tbssowners

also - are those amp power steps on there or what rocker panel?? looks great!
Probably stock power steps, and 4/6 is risky on AWD because of the cv angles.

OP
OP
Kingdog

Kingdog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hell yeah, that looks great.

Curious. Why didn't you just dropper down to 4/6 to begin with?

Man I cant wait to install mine.
I live in Erie, pa. We are 1st or 2nd every year in total snow fall. I'm also out in the country and roads don't always get plowed.

OP
OP
Kingdog

Kingdog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
what needs to be done for 4/6 on AWD/autoride? (norcal or kingdog)

i was only able to find the 0-2/3-4 kit on tbssowners

also - are those amp power steps on there or what rocker panel?? looks great!

4/6 custom is at the bottom of the kit list on his website.
I had no problems with anything but strut assembly do to the springs. Just a bit stiff for the spring clamps I had. The top shock bolt wouldn't move. Eventually the internal threads gave away and a slight explosion of oil dislodging the top spacer. After a call to Tony I realized I lost that spacer.
If you install this kit get new ball joints at the same time.
Free travel mod is a must or you will be sitting on the bumpstops.
You also need the resistors and wire them into the shock wires. You need 4 resistors.
Stock steps which don't work. Haven't decided what I'm doing about those just yet. Lol

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks amazing. Do you scrape at the front with that piece under your bumper? Still a truck so I'm assuming/hoping you still high enough to avoid the dangers of dropped cars (speed bumps, driveway scraping, etc).

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Erie, pa. We are 1st or 2nd every year in total snow fall. I'm also out in the country and roads don't always get plowed.

Gotcha. I used to live Boston with my 2dr with a 4+/6 drop. It actually wasn't too bad.
I certainly don't miss those days, though I will admit, I love driving in the snow :)

I have my suspension waiting to be installed. Looks like I'll be installing it over the holidays, hopefully.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So basically disabling the autoride, swapping in adjustable strut up front? im indifferent to autoride anyway really, its there and works on mine but if it weren't o well.

that 3/5 looks real nice though that may be where I end up , ground clearance rarely needed but its what i use if i need to run down levee/fireroad.

OP
OP
Kingdog

Kingdog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks amazing. Do you scrape at the front with that piece under your bumper? Still a truck so I'm assuming/hoping you still high enough to avoid the dangers of dropped cars (speed bumps, driveway scraping, etc).
When I'm doing 80mph plus down back roads I scrape the front tire in the upper tire well. My opinion is the up travel or spring rate is incorrect for that type of driving. Regular driving is perfect height. I stopped at a speed bump and got out because I was curious also. There was at 3/8-1/2" of clearance. If I had set her up at 4" drop instead of 3.5". Yes it will scrape.

OP
OP
Kingdog

Kingdog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So basically disabling the autoride, swapping in adjustable strut up front? im indifferent to autoride anyway really, its there and works on mine but if it weren't o well.

that 3/5 looks real nice though that may be where I end up , ground clearance rarely needed but its what i use if i need to run down levee/fireroad.
Yes Get the resistors and 4/6 custom kit with panhard bar. The rear requires I bit more work due to the free travel mod.