no subwoofer 2017 denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gonatee

Reaction score
happened to rent a 2016 Yukon xl the stereo sounded great for a Bose. Bought a 2017 Denali briefly listened to the radio noticed it did not sound as good as the SLT stereo but figured it was just tuning. last week I had a 2017 Tahoe rental and the stereo sounded 10x better than my denali. after doing some research I've come to the conclusion that the bose with Centerpoint has no subwoofer!??!? WTF !!
seriously thinking about selling this denali because of this. anyone know if we can put a center console subwoofer in the Dinali? Thanks

After posting this i found the acidburn post on the kicker sub. Thanks acidburn!!

Last edited:

SkierMan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Interesting. JL Audio makes one. You will have to purchase an external amp and find a way to integrate the signal into the bose system without interferring with the noise cancellation feature or you'll have to disable it.

There is also an option with Kicker for a rear subwoofer, that integrates well, is powered, etc. and can retain the noise cancellation feature of the bose radio.

OP
OP
gonatee

gonatee

Reaction score
i'm trying to find out if there's a factory sub in the console of the denali or not?? The bose 9 speaker in the yukon (non denali / slt) has stereo code UQG it has a sub in the console forsure and sounded good enough that i bought the denali (for the motor) thinking it would be the same sound quality if not better!! The Denali 10 speaker centerpoint code is UQS This comes in every denali and is not an option. The denali has a center speaker on the top of the dash you can see it. The yukon slt does not have this speaker. I would of imagined this is the 10th speaker of the system however, talking w gm parts, the description of the UQG (9 speaker) mentions a subwoofer and UQS (10speaker) does not. So is there a sub in the center console it just doesn't bump? Or is there other modules in the denali that does not allow room for the sub therefore we cannot fit an after market sub?? And where is the 10th speaker in the denali if there is no sub?? The sound difference from the 9 to 10 speaker is day n night. The denali 10 speaker is horrible. Door rattles and distortion very little bass.
I want the console sub and the aftermarket rear kicker

OP
OP
gonatee

gonatee

Reaction score
Waiting to hear back from gm sales and my jl audio guy to get to the bottom of this.

TxChevyz71

Reaction score
happened to rent a 2016 Yukon xl the stereo sounded great for a Bose. Bought a 2017 Denali briefly listened to the radio noticed it did not sound as good as the SLT stereo but figured it was just tuning. last week I had a 2017 Tahoe rental and the stereo sounded 10x better than my denali. after doing some research I've come to the conclusion that the bose with Centerpoint has no subwoofer!??!? WTF !!
seriously thinking about selling this denali because of this. anyone know if we can put a center console subwoofer in the Dinali? Thanks

After posting this i found the acidburn post on the kicker sub. Thanks acidburn!!

You would sell a car because of the lack of a sub woofer?

The financial hit of selling it or trading it in (assuming you bought it new) would far outweigh the cost of getting a sub or decent sound system installed.

OP
OP
gonatee

gonatee

Reaction score
maybe i got a really good deal n can easily break even? Found out there is a speaker in the console but they don't call it a sub. They (gm parts) says even changing that speaker will void the whole stereo warranty!! This is why a good sounding stock stereo played an important roll in the purchase. I don't want to spend thousands on an aftermarket stereo just to spend more time dealing w issues, constant tuning and possably voiding the whole system. I should have done better investigating before my purchase.

Last edited:

rico387

Reaction score
Here is the number from the factory upgrade part. Since it's a GM accessory, it should not affect your warranty. Maybe its worth looking into.
AUDIO, SUB-WOOFER KIT BY KICKER, 200 WATT - GM (19355506)

shewstring

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
maybe i got a really good deal n can easily break even? Found out there is a speaker in the console but they don't call it a sub. They (gm parts) says even changing that speaker will void the whole stereo warranty!! This is why a good sounding stock stereo played an important roll in the purchase. I don't want to spend thousands on an aftermarket stereo just to spend more time dealing w issues, constant tuning and possably voiding the whole system. I should have done better investigating before my purchase.
Gonatee, there is a sub in the console. I have a Denali as well. At purchase my sub was rattling bad, they took the console apart and remounted the sub. It is a ported module but only has 5.25" speakers in it. Maybe yours didn't get connected. I would have the dealer check.

OP
OP
gonatee

gonatee

Reaction score
Ok thanks!! You're right i don't feel it bumpin at all!

Derek29588

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a 16 Denali and it hits pretty hard for a stock sub. Definately noticeable in the center console.