No oil pressure at start up, 2001 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for taking a pic of your miles. You may have the most ever seen on here. I was going to replace my sending unit but maybe with 280k 40 psi at start up is ok, it use to be 60 psi.

OP
OP
C

Chads93GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume you were asking me what kind of fuel pump? Whatever the Chevy dealer put in it. I assume its stock, and it still works.

For all the talk about oil, I have always put valvoline high mileage synthetic in with whatever oil filter is on sale.

Its a few thousand shy of 600k miles now. The transmission self destructed around 545k miles. I bought a new rebuilt trans for 1100 and threw it in there. I was wondering if it was a bad financial move but the transmission has 50k miles on it now so I guess not. This thing has been paid off for a long time so I am not really interested in another payment.

rook

Reaction score
Wow. Damn impressive... I'll make note to justify my next used-car purchase to my detractors!!! (I want an Escalade too!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VikingTrad3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. All i can say is thats my kind of family mover. Personally I love driving a 75k suv for 5k and i do most my own little repairs. less than 500$ per year in repairs.

i dont understand why anybody would pi$$ money away on new car depreciation. my car looks and drives new!

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at the picture you took of the underneath of your truck for a while and decided its time to replace my O-ring. When you wrote that you were having pressure issues at start-up but they would improve when the engine warmed up I realized that is exactly what mine is doing. Pictures coming soon.

Last edited:

Searay45db

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to say a prayer, sleep well, and hope that I find a similar issue. Just bought this, and dang it I never saw that at idle it'll drop down to zero. Goes right back up when I get going, but now I have a new rig and A LOT worried to drive it. 2007 Denali, so I'm hoping 4x4 won't be an impossible task...

Would appreciate any help... Thanks folks-

Two years later....2007 and up have a screen beneath the sensor. Have to remove it and replace it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts