No need to modify

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dross99_si

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ This.

To each his own, and I've modified several prior vehicles so I'm not judging others and what they do. But at this point in my life, with this vehicle, I'm mostly interested in upgrades that aren't necessarily visible---I want to make the truck stronger and better-running, more reliable, and easier to operate over the long haul.

I do agree here. My exterior mods are usually very subtle with every vehicle that I own. I'm more about performance and reliability. And yes, you do pay to play. If you're gonna play you have to do it right and buy quality parts.
I have always been into cars. Started with Hondas (which I will say will always be my favorite manufacturer) then I wanted to get into a forced induction AWD so I got the EVO. I have really learned a lot in the past 1.5 years of owning this car. Doing things methodically and right the first time makes a big difference. Very easy to put a nice hole in your block with these things if you aren't careful. I daily mine at 403whp/340tq Mustang dyno and don't question it's reliability one bit because I used quality parts, had a highly reputable shop install things I didn't feel confident doing and had it tuned by one of the best around.
Pushing 28psi of boost on an stock aluminum block 2.0L may sound kinda crazy, but do it right and it's no problem.

Last edited:
OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After completing a few mods and several repairs, it's painfully clear that mods and elective upgrades are way more fun. Lol

Interior LEDs are ordered and on the way.....

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My goal is similar to others here, I just want to replace what needs to be replaced and keep it running. I only removed the door trim because it was already coming off and bought the diablo sport tuner to disable the AFM ( necessity ) and boost HP. I am pretty happy with the way she looks. I think she looks like one sexy hoe. I may opt to install the molded plastic splash guards to keep the mud off of the step rails.

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My goal is similar to others here, I just want to replace what needs to be replaced and keep it running. I only removed the door trim because it was already coming off and bought the diablo sport tuner to disable the AFM ( necessity ) and boost HP. I am pretty happy with the way she looks. I think she looks like one sexy hoe. I may opt to install the molded plastic splash guards to keep the mud off of the step rails.

Been thinking about splash guards, too.....but kinda think a truck's supposed to be dirty now & then. ;)

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a gravel and dirt driveway, one small shower and I have brown splash graphics on my steps and rear quarters. LOL. They probably will be my next purchase.

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a gravel and dirt driveway, one small shower and I have brown splash graphics on my steps and rear quarters. LOL. They probably will be my next purchase.

:word:

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally only mod to bring things up to reasonable expectation of function. For instance, the only reason why I did the headlamp retrofit on my Denali is because the stock lights have piss poor output. Other than that, my ride can be considered stock.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After completing a few mods and several repairs, it's painfully clear that mods and elective upgrades are way more fun. Lol

Interior LEDs are ordered and on the way.....

Been thinking about splash guards, too...

...Every snowball begins with a single snowflake. Welcome to the dark side.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Th simple beauty of keeping things stock is that you are way more likely to find a part off the shelf when away from home. I used to run large auto centers and once in a while we would get someone in from out of town who was forced to spend one or several nights because their specialty mod parts that failed were not generally available. Yet somehow that always seemed to be "our fault". Lol. As much much I loved the auto repair business I'm glad that I got out of it when I did.[/QUOTE

You too! I got out the car business 20 years ago everybody wanted it under warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts