No need to modify

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I modded heavily when i 1st got my truck. Took a few years off and BAM heavily modded again. Its a come and go sickness

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a fair amount of mods on my last ride----'12 Challenger R/T----and definitely enjoyed the journey.

But when I made my move to a Tahoe, I seem to have changed my attitude as well. More interested in keeping this beauty pretty much non-modified but running clean and strong as hell. For the moment. lol

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, once I get busy with mods I'm sure I'll do a modest drop---1.5"/2"0--plus a modest Blackbear tune, plus some better headlights---does no one offer a fully plug-n-play headlight assembly swap for '07-'14 Tahoes?

ha

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a age related thing. As you get older, wife kids, etc, etc. The mod urge dissipates. Especially for a daily driver truck. Although the garage is still there, and will never go away.

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a age related thing. As you get older, wife kids, etc, etc. The mod urge dissipates. Especially for a daily driver truck. Although the garage is still there, and will never go away.

Well stated.

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dad is 56 and just purchased a 2016 Silverado last Thursday and already order a 4/6 drop/muffler/and air shocks. Truck already has 24s and he just tinted the windows and spray in bed liner lmao

This is his other project
image.jpeg

fmfosnacht

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, once I get busy with mods I'm sure I'll do a modest drop---1.5"/2"0--plus a modest Blackbear tune, plus some better headlights---does no one offer a fully plug-n-play headlight assembly swap for '07-'14 Tahoes?

ha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 3 vehicles atm our main dd vehicle is an 08 civic. The only thing ive done with it is replace the factory air cleaner with a k&n drop in. The only other thing i might do is put on a factory si tip and ditch the stock steelie rims only because i hate hubcaps. My g6 is as far as its going to go because its not worth it to keep messing with it. K&n intake, magnaflow catback, tinted windows, and drilled and slotted rotors. Currently my tahoe will be my mod monster but slow going as my wife steals it every chance she ca n. Currently it only has aftermarket 17 rims and a k&n intake and a fiberglass 442 ram air hood.
Only really 2 things as far as cars i cant stand, a total pos jalopy that just wasnt maintained only because the owner is a lazy f**k. That and stupid crap and unsafe junk that just simply has NO business being on something thats on the road.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I firmly believe that "you play, you pay". Off the top of my head, Sumo is an example. But, like Sumo, I understand that most failures will most likely be a result of a mod(s) and I'm willing to take that chance in the name of having what I want. I also can't get mad at GM if my 150,000-mile motor blows from being boosted. I'm not one to question what a manufacturer has invested millions of R&D dollars into and we all know the benefits of keeping with OEM parts and design. But GM clearly fell short on a few things and I'll happily go aftermarket or full custom in those areas if it suits me and the vehicle better. On that note, I'm a fan of using OEM parts in repairs or upgrades, even if they're from another model or even make of car. So, yeah, there may be no NEED to modify/stray from the original design, but you can't argue that there are plenty of areas where it would be beneficial.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts