No more front end clank clank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snacky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this doesn't have to do with a lifted suspension (edit, maybe shoulda put this in street suspension... sorry, didn't see that category), and most of you guys will probably be like "yeah duh"...
But this is for people who don't know what a sway bar link is like my idiot self.

I've been listening to my front end on the Z71 go "clank clank" for the last couple of years anytime I go over a substantial bump. I just attributed it to old age, and figured whatever it was that it would be hard to find and/or expensive. My buddy was riding with me today and he goes "dude, you need some new sway bar links". I was like "WTF is that and how do you know"... he heard the noise.

Fast forward... we drove to the auto parts store and for less than $40 I came out with 2 new front end links. It took about 30 minutes to swap both. Noise is gone. I can't believe how easy and cheap it was! So I'm pretty stoked and wanted to share...

I have a feeling this might happen on a lot of tahoes? The bushings were all destroyed!

IMG_8456.JPG

IMG_8458.JPG

IMG_8462.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Snacky

Snacky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I was just happy that the noise was gone, but there is also a huge improvement in cornering. This is awesome!

ta07hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised that whoever put those new tires on didn't notice rice them, musta had their eyes closed when they worked on your truck

OP
OP
Snacky

Snacky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised that whoever put those new tires on didn't notice rice them, musta had their eyes closed when they worked on your truck

I agree! more so, want to know why the freaking stealership that has been rotating my tires with every other oil change didn't notice it? Pretty much the only reason I was going to the dealer is because I expected them to notice crap like that.

On a side note, I can't believe how much better she handles now!!! It feels like I'm driving on a slot track compared to how it used to feel!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts