No Heat, freezing :/

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
joeshark

joeshark

Reaction score
No unfortunately :/

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
joeshark

joeshark

Reaction score
Ok so this thing is really pissing me off. Changed thermostat, heater water valve today & still no heat.

OP
OP
joeshark

joeshark

Reaction score
http://www.gmpartseast.com/Page_Pro...ctionDate=&VehicleInfo=&CatalogCode=53C&Year=

So the part number I replaced is 13. Also replaced the thermostat, problem still there.
Today flushed heater core, problem still there.
The issue is with part 17 for sure.
If vacuum house 17 is removed from valve the heat works great.
So either part 17 is broken or there is an issue with it receiving electricity to actuate properly :/
I think at this point I'm just going to replace the part & hope that is the part and not electrical.
Either way at least having the vacuum hose off, for now it's a temporary fix, so that's good

OP
OP
joeshark

joeshark

Reaction score
Nah, hasn't affected anything either way. Seems like there spark to the hot water valve actuator. So must be the actuator itself.

_bcstrout

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so now you created a vacuum leak as well?

I have replaced both of the hoses that connect directly to the heater core, replaced the heater core, and replaced the blend door. Does this mean its most likely a vacuum issue? I havent tried to test the vacuum. Is this where i should start?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
there is a hose that goes from the water valve to a vacuum solenoid and the to the engine. make sure it is intact. then if good gram a multi-meter and hand vacuum pump with gauge on it to test those components. you want to test for power to the solenoid when the temp knob is at fuul cold where the knob has an indentation and any other position then that one. the use the vacuum pump to test for vacuum on the line that goes to the soleniond to engine as well as from the solenoid to water valve.

http://www.gmpartseast.com/chevy/co...es-pipes-heater-tc080310108-l31m30k10706.html

moviewithnotitle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In following this thread (because I too have a low heat issue) I came to the conclusion that my thermostat is bad. The only thing that tipped me off that there was even a problem was the high-idle in cold temps (sub 30* temps). The motor never gets above 164* even while driving. It hovers around 175* even in the summer. So I'm gonna replace the thermostat tonight and see what happens. I'll report back soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staffie