No Heat, freezing :/

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeshark

Reaction score
So it's starting to get pretty cold here in nyc :/

My heat seems to work one day & another day i've got no heat. I hope there is a cheap easy fix, pretty low on funds at the moment.
Everything from switching zones, to closing fresh air vent, seems to be working ok; only i'm getting cold air.

Any ideas?

Thanks

OP
OP
joeshark

joeshark

Reaction score
Oh God already I'm lost :( . Haven't a clue what any of that is sunlit.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
joeshark

joeshark

Reaction score
Thanks sunlit; really appreciate the help. Do you mean the hoses that go to the heater core? That side of engine, or other side?

OP
OP
joeshark

joeshark

Reaction score
So I checked & the hoses look good & intact.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
not just the water ones but the vacuum lines 14 and 20 as well. disconnect 20 from 21 and attach a hand vacuum pump to the line. turn temp dial full left and apply 15 inches of vacuum. turn temp dial to any where else. how much does the vacuum gauge drop or rise? need to do the with key on btw.

OP
OP
joeshark

joeshark

Reaction score
Thanks sunlit, but have no means of doing that. I've checked those lines, everything looks in order, Could it be that ACTUATOR HTR WAT SHUTOFF VLV,(SOLENOID? Or that would just be guessing?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
do hoses 16 and 18 get as hot as the the rest of hoses at least? look at the part below and notice the crank on it. when you turn the temp setting from max cold to any other setting that crank should move. do you see that happening?

12380318.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17