No airbag cant shift from park?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bacon612

Reaction score
Hey guys. Recently did the nightmare of a job evaporator replacement in my Denali. Truck is all back together expect for the airbag. I broke the pigtail that connects to the airbag and need to fix it. Was planning on driving it without the airbag connected until i splice in a new connector. Does anyone know if the airbag being disconnected would prevent the truck from shifting out of park? After i get the answer to this ill proceed to check the brake switch and mechanical linkage. Im thinking this issue is electrical.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

bunchz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do this, turn key to the on position without starting it, then put vehicle in nuetral, foot on brake and start vehicle. You should be able to then put it in drive. This can also be done to get your vehicle from park if your brake sensor ever goes out (maybe not correct name, but the sensor that makes you put foot on brake to shift from park.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC