NNNBS: how much does the crappy interior & software agitate you on your new ~$60K SUV?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I loved the subtle understated interior of the NNBS.
The NNBS was SO SMOOTH and subtle and sublime, it just looked awesome, a lot of options and control, but all recessed & calm

But the new 2017 looks a Lego toy got the death squirts and just shot stuff everywhere. None of the lines match, none of the shapes are symmetric, and the rear HVAC looks like something out of the 1980’s Saturn Parts Bin

one of the crack heads at work gave me a ride in his cheap single cab pickup, and the lego puke odd size misfit crappy knob style really looked at home in a piece of crap bottom dollar cheap pickup.

I freaking HATE STANDING beside my $50k SUV, putting down everything in my hand, reaching over the column to put the key in, then standing the rain/heat/cold (letting the remote start HVAC out) and waiting on the seat to slide back. WHO is that stupid to think that mode of operation is acceptable?

Things that annoy me:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

-“lego puke” style interior. . . Check out this pic:

http://s19.photobucket.com/user/04vrscb/media/DSC08931_zps6640df9e.jpg.html

note the lack of bulky chunky buttons and knobs sticking out at odd angles everywhere? The only thing they really did good was put the heated seats within the drivers reach, in the NNBS, I hated trying to explain them while driving at high speeds in the dark to various passengers over the years.

I also like being able to flip on wife’s heated seat, crank up the AC on my side, and she never even notices or complains

-film over the cruise control & “mouse” buttons, that crap will prolly break very soon. does anyone remember the mid 1990's keyless remotes with the same material that were trashed ASAP?

-power lumbar switch is EXACTLY like the power recline seat. Hate when passengers ask me why the seat won’t recline. Hate it even more when I hit the lumbar instead of the recline. Simple tactile different switch would have fixed this, didn’t the NNBS have a rocker for the Lumbar?

-auto memory seats. They seem to move around A LOT, even if the same person gets in/out. Wish it was the old “hit the button for the position you want” We always used the wive’s #1 position for grownups to exit the second row in the Tahoe.

-you DO know that the LT's do NOT have memory outside mirrors?

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/auto-memory-recall-seat-triggered-by-ignition-switch-or-fob.80125/

-no simple button to “turn off display” like Dodge’s off. The NNBS was ~2 keystrokes to turn off the display, but the 2017 is FIVE keystrokes, and then…the display turns BACK on if you touch the dash HVAC or radio. Only the steering wheel controls allow you to operate the radio & maintain the display darkened.

-stupid secret compartment opening without the key on/power applied.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/can-hmi-be-re-programmed-to-enable-locking-the-secret-compartment.88315/

-incredibly tiny cubby hole in front of cup holder. Did any NOT take out their LTZ tray & put in the big roomy LT tray?

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/how-to-change-out-crappy-ltz-console-for-huge-lt-style.51106/

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I agree that the interior is of pretty low quality, even on the Denali and everything is cartoonish looking... Why did you buy it? I mean did you like it when it was on the lot new? It seems like you might have deeper issues with your vehicle or something.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I loved the subtle understated interior of the NNBS.
The NNBS was SO SMOOTH and subtle and sublime, it just looked awesome, a lot of options and control, but all recessed & calm

But the new 2017 looks a Lego toy got the death squirts and just shot stuff everywhere. None of the lines match, none of the shapes are symmetric, and the rear HVAC looks like something out of the 1980’s Saturn Parts Bin

one of the crack heads at work gave me a ride in his cheap single cab pickup, and the lego puke odd size misfit crappy knob style really looked at home in a piece of crap bottom dollar cheap pickup.

I freaking HATE STANDING beside my $50k SUV, putting down everything in my hand, reaching over the column to put the key in, then standing the rain/heat/cold (letting the remote start HVAC out) and waiting on the seat to slide back. WHO is that stupid to think that mode of operation is acceptable?

Things that annoy me:

-“lego puke” style interior. . . Check out this pic:

http://s19.photobucket.com/user/04vrscb/media/DSC08931_zps6640df9e.jpg.html

note the lack of bulky chunky buttons and knobs sticking out at odd angles everywhere? The only thing they really did good was put the heated seats within the drivers reach, in the NNBS, I hated trying to explain them while driving at high speeds in the dark to various passengers over the years.

I also like being able to flip on wife’s heated seat, crank up the AC on my side, and she never even notices or complains

-film over the cruise control & “mouse” buttons, that crap will prolly break very soon. does anyone remember the mid 1990's keyless remotes with the same material that were trashed ASAP?

-power lumbar switch is EXACTLY like the power recline seat. Hate when passengers ask me why the seat won’t recline. Hate it even more when I hit the lumbar instead of the recline. Simple tactile different switch would have fixed this, didn’t the NNBS have a rocker for the Lumbar?

-auto memory seats. They seem to move around A LOT, even if the same person gets in/out. Wish it was the old “hit the button for the position you want” We always used the wive’s #1 position for grownups to exit the second row in the Tahoe.

-you DO know that the LT's do NOT have memory outside mirrors?

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/auto-memory-recall-seat-triggered-by-ignition-switch-or-fob.80125/

-no simple button to “turn off display” like Dodge’s off. The NNBS was ~2 keystrokes to turn off the display, but the 2017 is FIVE keystrokes, and then…the display turns BACK on if you touch the dash HVAC or radio. Only the steering wheel controls allow you to operate the radio & maintain the display darkened.

-stupid secret compartment opening without the key on/power applied.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/can-hmi-be-re-programmed-to-enable-locking-the-secret-compartment.88315/

-incredibly tiny cubby hole in front of cup holder. Did any NOT take out their LTZ tray & put in the big roomy LT tray?

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/how-to-change-out-crappy-ltz-console-for-huge-lt-style.51106/

So... What are you gonna do about it?

OP
OP

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the AFM failed on our NNBS while on a long trip, so we got the new one.
I thought I would get over the gaudy interior, but everytime someone rides with us, and asks why I have to stand beside the car & let all the cold AC out (while the seat moves back) , it just re-agitates me....

it's listed in the For Sale items on this forum, show me the money....

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the AFM failed on our NNBS while on a long trip, so we got the new one.
I thought I would get over the gaudy interior, but everytime someone rides with us, and asks why I have to stand beside the car & let all the cold AC out (while the seat moves back) , it just re-agitates me....

it's listed in the For Sale items on this forum, show me the money....

My '08 positions the seat and mirrors based on which remote unlocks it, like a "his and hers" memory thing. I have disabled all of this so either of us can use either key and remote, but we can still put the seat and mirrors at our programmed positions by pressing the "1" or "2" button on the door.

Are you saying that this basic feature was not carried over to the NNBS?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts