Newly Installed DD Head Unit - Getting Tons of Feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prorider17

Reaction score
Hi all - I upgraded the head unit in my 2005 Tahoe Z71 w/ factory Bose to a Sony XAV-AX200 head unit, new Sirius XM Tuner and all the accessories. However, when turn on my truck now, I get a slight amount of feedback, a slight pop and ongoing clicking noise. Is it something to do with my amplifier? The install people said it could be due to the stock amp not being digital?

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
90% of these damn Bose amps end up causing a shitload of noise/feedback when integrating an aftermarket radio with it. The best thing to do is just completely bypass it by running new speaker wires from your new radio to each door speaker. Or even better, get a dedicated aftermarket amplifier to power the door speakers, and use NEW speaker wires from the amp to each door.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have them double check there work and try a different adapter, it could just be the way it is but shouldn't happen normally

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have them double check there work and try a different adapter, it could just be the way it is but shouldn't happen normally

The sad thing is that it DOES happen a LOT no matter what brand harness or interface you use. Like I said, best way is to just completely bypass it instead of trying to integrate with it.

OP
OP
Prorider17

Prorider17

Reaction score
If I were to completely bypass the existing amp and go to an aftermarket one, what would you all recommend? (Nothing crazy please... just want good audio without crap interference)
I plan to replace the door speakers anyway.

OP
OP
Prorider17

Prorider17

Reaction score
Just to give a quick update - I called the installer and they said it could be the harness we used. We're going to switch it out for another harness and see if it fixes it. If not, on to the amplifier.

chrmbly

Reaction score
90% of these damn Bose amps end up causing a shitload of noise/feedback when integrating an aftermarket radio with it. The best thing to do is just completely bypass it by running new speaker wires from your new radio to each door speaker. Or even better, get a dedicated aftermarket amplifier to power the door speakers, and use NEW speaker wires from the amp to each door.

I'm getting ready to embark on adding a new 4 ch amp to new door speakers (I already have an aftermarket headunit). I got a 9 wire spool suggested by Crutchfield (https://www.crutchfield.com/S-h28VX...X-9-Wire-Ultra-Flex-Speaker-Wire-12-feet.html) that allows you to run all the wires back to the harness to use the existing speaker wire. I'm guessing that that's a lot EASIER, but in your opinion is it better to just run new speaker wire? It just sounds like a much bigger PITA.

CB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts