Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Earlb32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, newbie here.... I'm looking to purchase my first 2 door Tahoe this week and was wondering if there was a site anyone could share that would give me info on what came standard on a 97 Tahoe with the Z71 package. I want to make sure I'm getting what I pay for. Do they all have the same seat design?, leather or cloth? What makes one a Z71?

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Z71 would have just been the Bilstein shocks and skid plates at the front differential, transfer case and fuel tank. It would not have included the Z71 decal like the trucks. It was not available on base trucks, only LS and LT--or, at least, it wasn't for 1998.

The skid plate package was also a separate option, meaning it could be had without the Z71.

Check the RPO label in the glovebox for the other factory options and to see if Z71 is listed.

Seat style (bench/bucket) or covering (vinyl, cloth, leather) was independent of the off-road package.

OP
OP
Earlb32

Earlb32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey, what's the story on fender flares, was that a factory option or did they come on just Z71?

Z71 would have just been the Bilstein shocks and skid plates at the front differential, transfer case and fuel tank. It would not have included the Z71 decal like the trucks. It was not available on base trucks, only LS and LT--or, at least, it wasn't for 1998.

The skid plate package was also a separate option, meaning it could be had without the Z71.

Check the RPO label in the glovebox for the other factory options and to see if Z71 is listed.

Seat style (bench/bucket) or covering (vinyl, cloth, leather) was independent of the off-road package.

willxfs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fender flares were definitely standard on my 1998 2 door sport. Not sure about other models.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT