Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Holgrinator

Reaction score
New to the site but not to Tahoes/Yukons. I'll be picking up an 04 Yukon SLT that just hit 50,000 miles in the next week or so. It belonged to my best friends grandpa who passed away a month ago. Once they get the transfer of ownership taken care of I can purchase it from them. I don't think anyone's ever sat in any seat but the drivers seat, it's in immaculate shape, always garaged, completely unmolested. I'm here because I want to read up all I can on making it a little more tough looking and a little less "old mannish". Plans are a leveling kit, 17x9 XD820 wheels with the machined lip, a set of 295/70R17 BFG AT KO2 tires, ditch the nerf bars, debadge, demold, Z71 style flares (if I can find the dang things anywhere) and that's about it.

Any help I can get is appreciated. I've read more threads than I can count learning about how to get the look I want and decided to finally join the site.

Best pic I have at the moment.

20170319_215438.jpg

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Jason!!

Your 04 Yukon is in awesome condition!!!!!!!!!! Glad that Yukon fell into the right hands..Amazing only 50K miles, one owner and garage kept..That is definitely hard to find!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
H

Holgrinator

Reaction score
Oh I'm sure this site is gonna cost me money. I have a 99 sonoma ZR2 and zr2usa helped me spend plenty of money on it. Here's a little before and after. Lots of subtle changes no one notices but me... or can't be seen in this pic.

IMG_20161019_154943.jpg

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New wheels, tires, dashboard, removed pin striping, blacked out rear brake light covers, bug guard, tint, bumper mounted fog lights, front valance, air freshener, you broke or lost the front piece of the fender flare;) looks good brother

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Holgrinator

Reaction score
Had to remove the front flarettes the tires rubbed with the z28 camaro wheels. Repainted the grille, new stereo, quad beam mod (known as 4hi on here). Aluminum 3rd door handle because the plastic ones are garbage, custom tailgate cables. Planning on a custom offroad bumper for the front, then the missing flares won't be so obvious. Ended up ditching the yellow KC covers for clear ones.

20160827_234505.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh