Newbie, old guy.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAWZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Howdy. I'm new to the the Forum and hoping this will be a good resource. I've been a member of other forums related to vehicles I've owned and have found them to a wealth of knowledge. I own a 1999 Tahoe LT 4dr 2-wheel drive. I inherited it from my FIL about 3 years ago. It currently has about 45,000 miles on it. (Yes, you read that correctly 45K.)

I'm looking to upgrade some of the "technology" on my Tahoe. I want to replace the audio system with something that has a video screen, add back-up sensors, and a back-up camera.

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone that has done any of these "upgrades" with any recommendations that you have or being directed to existing threads on this fourm.

I'm open to any suggestions.

Last edited:

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've not done any of that stuff myself, but we do have some good, local shops that do that kind of work. However, I don't know what is local to you. I'm in Dallas, Texas.

Last edited:

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Jay, welcome to the forum. I also inherited a 1999 K3500 from my dad it had 3k on it when I got it. I just recently last year sold the truck to my son with a little over 62k on the clock. real good truck, same cabin as your Hoe. good luck with it and once again, welcome to the forum. can you post some pics?

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Jay!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts