New Yukon owner with some questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snaggle2thtiger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did search and see if I could find anything about the FOB info first, but I am trying to find out, was keyless entry a standard feature? I have a 2000 Yukon Slt, got a 5 month old baby so keyless entry would be cool, if they dont all have them, is there a way to find out if mine deoes? I also saw several versions of the key fob for 2000 models so if there is a way to differentiate between which I would need that would also be helpful. My current key only unlocks the door from the drivers side and with the car seat that can get annoying. Nextly, the warning light switches between check oil levels and service 4 wheel, but when i push any of the buttons for the 4 wheel area there seems to be no response. I just got it today, gonna start digging into it tomorrow and see what I can find, but I'm pretty pumped. It seems to run good and the owner warned me it burned oil, but it made the 40 min drive home from buying it with out a hitch so that's a good start. If i've asked questions that are already answered again I did a light search but figured I'd just throw it out and if it had been asked already hoped some one would point me in the right direction

Last edited:

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think 99% of these vehicles had keyless entry. Since you don't have any remotes you may be better off getting an aftermarket system so you can also have remote start. Buying and programming GM remotes would be cheaper, but remote start is nice.
The RPO codes in your glove box may hint at keyless entry. I have no idea though. Just find an RPO checker online and look up your codes.

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did search and see if I could find anything about the FOB info first, but I am trying to find out, was keyless entry a standard feature? I have a 2000 Yukon Slt, got a 5 month old baby so keyless entry would be cool, if they dont all have them, is there a way to find out if mine deoes? I also saw several versions of the key fob for 2000 models so if there is a way to differentiate between which I would need that would also be helpful. My current key only unlocks the door from the drivers side and with the car seat that can get annoying. Nextly, the warning light switches between check oil levels and service 4 wheel, but when i push any of the buttons for the 4 wheel area there seems to be no response. I just got it today, gonna start digging into it tomorrow and see what I can find, but I'm pretty pumped. It seems to run good and the owner warned me it burned oil, but it made the 40 min drive home from buying it with out a hitch so that's a good start. If i've asked questions that are already answered again I did a light search but figured I'd just throw it out and if it had been asked already hoped some one would point me in the right direction

When I purchased my Yukon, it similarly had no remotes. I took a chance and ordered a pair off of eBay. I followed the programming instructions, and voila! I now have two working keyless remotes :)

Welcome to the forum!

MCAT069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 4x4 lights can be a pain in the ass to figure out. There are multiple threads and sites about it. Try removing the fuse to reset tccm and see if you get a response from the dash buttons. Check your grounds to the frame under driver's side door. Find a buddy with a tech2 or sign up for the free onstar trial and report back with the tccm codes.

xDan

Reaction score
Get underneath and have a look at the condition of the connectors on the transfer case. Unplug them and take a close look at the terminals. Look for corrosion or pushed back pins and signs of moisture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos