New Truck in Town vs GM Units

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The road trailering comparison in the article and video was the "Expedition XLT limited" NOT the 400HP Platinum version, so it was a fair comparison, IMO.

Mattsred03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I picked up on ride because it was the only quantifiable thing that you brought up other than the glitchy interface.

Everything else, including Power, trailering capabilities, interior quality etc. are all materially better on the new Ford.

All of the reviews I’ve read so far, put it above and beyond the Tahoe.

As you said, it all remains to be seen. As a big fan of all things automotive, I hope Ford knocks this one out of the park and really brings GM to its knees. Nothing is better for Car lovers than super aggressive competitors in the marketplace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Something we can agree on. Competition does tend to make everyone a little bit better. But everyone loves the new shiney thing. I read article after article with the new Tahoe/Youkon 3 years ago about how it was the best thing yet. And more of the same for Ford. But I guess we shall see in the future.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something we can agree on. Competition does tend to make everyone a little bit better. But everyone loves the new shiney thing. I read article after article with the new Tahoe/Youkon 3 years ago about how it was the best thing yet. And more of the same for Ford. But I guess we shall see in the future.

And the tahoe was great. Compared to the competition at the time.

Time marches on....

Lalo

Reaction score
I test drove a 17 expedition Platinum before I bought my used 15 Denali... I felt the difference with the Eco-boost engine , the 6.2 in the Denali sold me, much better torque and sweet sound , a few years of technology did the Expedition good though , I admired the Fords SYNC system better than the GM's older voice recognition , and my passengers liked the ride better in the Expedition , but ultimately I am the driver and the Buyer Denali won ......

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I test drove a 17 expedition Platinum before I bought my used 15 Denali... I felt the difference with the Eco-boost engine , the 6.2 in the Denali sold me, much better torque and sweet sound , a few years of technology did the Expedition good though , I admired the Fords SYNC system better than the GM's older voice recognition , and my passengers liked the ride better in the Expedition , but ultimately I am the driver and the Buyer Denali won ......

The 17 expy is a 10 year old truck. Literally.

Serg-214

Reaction score
Almost $100k for a top of the line Navigator and it looks butt ugly(literally)! Come on man...they say looks arent eveything but damn I wouldnt buy or drive one at half the price. To be fair they have looked like shit since forever so nothing new.
The new Expo isnt much better looking even after 10+ years of being able to come out with something better looking. As for the inside ehh....for being out 4 years later than the current GM triplets.

3C39F955-8E0A-4F78-BC4E-10BD69801F1A.png

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Almost $100k for a top of the line Navigator and it looks butt ugly(literally)! Come on man...they say looks arent eveything but damn I wouldnt buy or drive one at half the price. To be fair they have looked like shit since forever so nothing new.
The new Expo isnt much better looking even after 10+ years of being able to come out with something better looking. As for the inside ehh....for being out 4 years later than the current GM triplets.

View attachment 186705

I read a review that said the Navigator Black Label (top trim) which is around $100k has the best interior of any vehicle under $250,000. I don’t necessarily agree but it still says a lot.

I’m looking forward to actually seeing one in person, but I have to admit the pictures make that interior look very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
15YUKON

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 17 expy is a 10 year old truck. Literally.

Old but gold. Good trucks. When will people realize new is not synonymous with better. “Better” is dependent on your needs as the consumer and you priority list. For some maybe even a twenty year old truck is better in their eyes and i can respect that. I try to keep an open mind and not just assume more money and New is the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14