New to the Tahoe Family

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vlkster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just picked up a 07 Tahoe LTZ. Absolute love it! It was a much needed upgrade from a :gr_guns:Ford slEdge. Oh how I missed my :boti:gm V8's. Anyways it has 98K and I've been thinking about tune ups, i.e. replacing plugs/wires and looking into getting rid or programming out the AFM, fluid changes, ect.
Plugs - I see a lot about the plugs and what ones to stay away from, but kinda all over the place with what ones to get.
Wires - Again a lot about ones to stay away from, i'm leaning either Taylor or VMS, but can't find the correct VMS ones.
AFM - I don't know if it necessary, but I've read about the oil consumption issue and would like to head it off before it becomes a problem. I've owned both the 4.8 and 5.3 before(Silverado's), but pre AFM. I'm not sold on it, what's everyone's thoughts?
Fluid Changes - Transmission(fluid and filter), differential, transfer case, any preferred brand? I've used royal purple before and it seems good, but didn't know if there was any others to consider.
Anything else that i may have missed or would be good to upgrade/change?

Thanks in advance!!

20180429_191037_HDR.jpg 20180429_191126_HDR.jpg 20180429_191024_HDR.jpg 20180429_191103_HDR.jpg 20180428_180720_HDR.jpg

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a 07 Tahoe LTZ. Absolute love it! It was a much needed upgrade from a :gr_guns:Ford slEdge. Oh how I missed my :boti:gm V8's. Anyways it has 98K and I've been thinking about tune ups, i.e. replacing plugs/wires and looking into getting rid or programming out the AFM, fluid changes, ect.
Plugs - I see a lot about the plugs and what ones to stay away from, but kinda all over the place with what ones to get.
Wires - Again a lot about ones to stay away from, i'm leaning either Taylor or VMS, but can't find the correct VMS ones.
AFM - I don't know if it necessary, but I've read about the oil consumption issue and would like to head it off before it becomes a problem. I've owned both the 4.8 and 5.3 before(Silverado's), but pre AFM. I'm not sold on it, what's everyone's thoughts?
Fluid Changes - Transmission(fluid and filter), differential, transfer case, any preferred brand? I've used royal purple before and it seems good, but didn't know if there was any others to consider.
Anything else that i may have missed or would be good to upgrade/change?

Thanks in advance!!

View attachment 199442 View attachment 199443 View attachment 199444 View attachment 199445 View attachment 199446

Nice ride. I had a 07 that went 140k miles without any mods or oil consumption issues. I left AFM as it came as well.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach John!! I would just stick to AC Delco parts and fluids for everything. Very nice looking Tahoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442