New to the forums

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian Hogaboom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We made the purchase on a 2004 GMC Yukon XL Denali with every bells and whistles. It’s got a rebuilt transmission at 160k. The engine/body is 236k miles. It’s got the ride control service message.

Some time we had to turn the key and hold it until the engine starts up but other than that it starts up quickly. Why?

We just got a oil change on it and wanted to know what to look for at that type of mileage with maintenance?

The works were done to it including; water pump, power steering, new tires, new brakes and shoes.

It’s a 6.0l awd... we assumed it was 5.3 at first but then we looked into it and realized it was a 6.0l so I think we made the right purchase for it.

I look forward to build it up and work with you guys. I’ve been a Volkswagen customer all of my life until this one. Feels weird that it’s not a volkswagen!

9fc28e66c02be3bb7158a25deeb90a39.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
We made the purchase on a 2004 GMC Yukon XL Denali with every bells and whistles. It’s got a rebuilt transmission at 160k. The engine/body is 236k miles. It’s got the ride control service message.

Some time we had to turn the key and hold it until the engine starts up but other than that it starts up quickly. Why?

We just got a oil change on it and wanted to know what to look for at that type of mileage with maintenance?

The works were done to it including; water pump, power steering, new tires, new brakes and shoes.

It’s a 6.0l awd... we assumed it was 5.3 at first but then we looked into it and realized it was a 6.0l so I think we made the right purchase for it.

I look forward to build it up and work with you guys. I’ve been a Volkswagen customer all of my life until this one. Feels weird that it’s not a volkswagen!

9fc28e66c02be3bb7158a25deeb90a39.jpg

Have you checked your fuel pressure? Fuel pumps do go out on them eventually. Denali appears to be in nice shape.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Brian!! Very nice!! It is awesome you got the 6.0. in it.

OP
OP
B

Brian Hogaboom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the fuel filter is located under the bottom of truck, drivers side, about where the drivers seat is, along the inner frame, the fuel pump is inside the gas tank.

Yeah I’m not looking forward to do the fuel pump replacement by taking out the tank. *groans* our vw’s they were located right under the back seat cushions. So much easier to do them!

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could always do what I did to my tahoe and what I plan to do with my denali.... cut an access panel in the floor board under the driver rear seat. That way you pull the panel and voila fuel pump right there. I did my fuel pump in my tahoe in 20 min lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11