New to the forum Yukon Guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Musicars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purchased a 2006 Yukon Denali XL this summer. I wanted one years ago when my daughter was in high school but showed restraint and got a Olds Silhouette AWD mini van instead. We thought it was more practical. It was actually a pretty nice vehicle but I always had that desire for the Yukon. Now she is off to collage and I finally got my Yukon. It's a pleasure to drive, not so much fun to work on lately.

When searching for repair tips I kept coming across this site. It was very helpful, so I finally joined. I hope once I get the bugs out of the truck I can start doing some modifications and personalize it a bit.

Looking forward to spending time on this site.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Excellent choice on a vehicle! They’re pretty solid rigs when well maintained. I have 106k on my 2006 xl Denali and it’s going strong. Post up some pics when you get a chance! We love pics here! Haha.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I came over from GM minivans too. Their 3rd row is bigger and were quite reliable but they're minivans and not trucks, and of course, well out of production!

Last edited:

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Joel!! I agree on excellent choice!!

OP
OP
M

Musicars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. How about some pics. What kind of issues are you having?
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll get some pics up in the next couple of days. I've been having "no heat" issues. I posted my first question titled "Low coolant warning and reservoir question". The truck ran great this summer but when temps dropped I discovered the heat works only sometimes. I think I keep getting air in the cooling system and just rented a combustion gas tester to see if I may have a blown head gasket. It was 17 below zero the other morning. Makes for a chilly ride to work. Heated seats help only so much.

OP
OP
M

Musicars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm attaching a couple of pictures (At least trying to attach). These are from when I first got it this summer. Since then the local police asked me to remove the tint from the front side windows. Actually, they wanted it all off until I pointed out that it is legal behind the driver on a truck in Minnesota. Sometimes the authorities have to be taught the laws. I miss the tint!

You might notice the rear quarter moldings are missing. I was told the dealer transported it backwards and the wind peeled them off. Might be true as the front attaching points were bent a bit. I actually kind of like it this way and may leave it for awhile. I did pick up some used replacements but they need to be painted.

I have also taken off the 20" rims and put on a set from a 2014 Yukon so the Minnesota winter does not destroy the chrome rims.

Yukon body 3.jpg Yukon body 7.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos