New to me 07 Yukon XL Denlai - Oil pressure gauge low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dawgma

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I start up my Yukon the gauge will go to 40, then drop down to @20 after a couple minutes when idle. If I step on the gas the gauge will go back to 40 as long as I am pressing on the accelerator. If I let up it drops back to @20. The oil level is fine and was changed within the past week. Does this sound like a bad oil sending unit or is this normal for this vehicle? Never had a vehicle this size, but after driving it for a couple days I doubt I will ever go back to a smaller one.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
You didn't specify how many miles it has but I would say that is normal unless you replace the oil pump with a new HV/HP pump like me and then you will see 70+ cold idle and 60+ hot idle.... lol

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Ken said.

PLUS... Oil filter makes a difference, too. The oil pressure gauge on my wife's Tahoe was acting similar way until I changed to Wix 57060. There are a couple of other filters that hold the pressure better, too. Just don't remember which ones Anymore...

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil pick up tube o-ring might be cracked. This will give you a lower oil pressure reading. Very common on these trucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989