New to GM and have performance queastuions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ranger8996

Reaction score
1. My 2017 Tahoe Premier is my first GM product so I'm new to GM.

What is all this LT and LS engine stuff....I have never understood what all thos engines references meant can someone shed a little light?

2. I was at my dealer yesterday getting black bow ties installed...the front one lights up...pretty cool....I mentioned to the service tech about Borla exhaust and AFM Delete or disable...he said that can do all this at the dealership ....basically, said they reccomend cold air intake, Borla exhaust and a tune through a west coast vendor they use....he said they have a computer that can communicate with their west coast vendor and they can tune out AFM, improve shifting and even change to a premium fuel if I want....I asked about my GM warranty and they said if i continue to service my vehicle at this dealership (also where I purchased my tahoe) it wont be an issue. He told me they tune all there Cameros on delivery and they tune a lot of tricks because people want more performance. I'm new to all this just looking for a brief summary at to what all this does and what are these tuner devices?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe