new to forum need help with wheels an lift combo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
I did the 2.5" up front and 1.5" spacer in back. Wheels I put on were 17x9 addicts, not sure bout the offset. 33" tire. I know that if you get 12.5" wheels theyre gonna stick out a whole lot, not sure if that's what you're looking for or not. Going from a stock wheel to a 17x9 for me, it stuck the tires out maybe half an inch to an inch from the wheel well. It looks pretty good to me, but imo the 12.5" on my rig would look stupid. All my opinion :) Oh, and my car actually sits higher in person than the pictures show. And I could not run a larger tire on my setup, the BFG's rub when the steering is all the way locked one direction or another.

Looks really good.

Yukonboy2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's your overall height to the top of the roof rack, not including the cross bars? Also what's your fender heights?
I'm not real sure, I haven't measured it yet. It is significantly higher, however. Ill measure in the morning. And thanks, Z-56!

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like a HD front bumper and custom HD grill. Looks grate though. I like the grill alot.

Both trucks look great. Hoping mine will be up next.

Heleonardman: thanks, looking to see if after the lift and tires that I will still fit in the garage

Yukonboy2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a HD front bumper and custom HD grill. Looks grate though. I like the grill alot.

Both trucks look great. Hoping mine will be up next.

Heleonardman: thanks, looking to see if after the lift and tires that I will still fit in the garage

My height at the fenders is 38 1/2" on both left and right side. The rear is 38 1/4" and to the top of the roof highest point (mid part of the truck) w/o roof rack was ~77".

Last edited:

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Thanks alot man. I will measure mine and make sure!
I am at 36.25" in the front and 37" in the rear in stock form.
Curious how are your front fenders so low at 33.5"?

Aren't your tires close to that height already?

Thanks alot. Truck looks great.

Yukonboy2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I measured to the point where the fender meets the bumper up at the very front, my bad, I just woke up. I'll go out and remeasure to the middle of the fender wheel well again

I sit 38 1/2" at the middle point of the wheel well on both sides, from ground to the bottom of the fender.

My truck has been parked underneath the same tree for years, it hasn't seen a garage since '06. And just now lining it up with my garage, I'll at least have to take off the CB antenna, and itll be a tight squeeze for me.

Last edited:

nkosmo

Reaction score
285/75/17

Here's my 04 Z71 with stock factory keys cranked all the way & 2" spacers in back. 285/75/17 (33") Nittos.

picture.jpg

Mol

Reaction score

My fenders measure 39.5" both front and rear at middle point.

Top of the truck (middle of roof rack bow) is 77 3/4". Fits in my garage, stock radio antenna bumps the door on the way in.

Again, stock suspension...keys are cranked, though not all the way (to avoid bump stop clearance issues) and to maintain level left to right. No spacers in the rear. I don't like the rake the spacers make, nose dive isn't for me...mine sits level rear to front.

OP
OP
H

HALE03YUKON

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys if 12.5 is going to be to wide what size tires would be good to run dont want my tires to stick out to far but maybe a little bit