New to forum..looking to purchase..mil discount questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DLAv8r

Reaction score
Hey guys,
This forum has been a great resource. I'm currently after a 17' Yukon SLT with captain chairs and 2WD down here in Alabama. Ive found some decent prices online..already about 7-8K off MSRP. I'm active military and signed up for the GM military discount program. I'm not sure how this works however. I see its supplier pricing? If that's the case some offers out there may already be a steeper discount than this program. I was under the impression initially that any military rebate could be added to any current offers at the dealership. I also have USAA and at times they offer an additional $750 rebate as well.

Anyone on here purchased with mil rebate?

Before talking with the dealer a few have what I'm looking for .. 2WD SLT Captain chairs MSRP 64,2 and with incentives its down to 52,9. I'm looking to see if I can squeeze close to 50.

I may start looking at the Tahoe's as well since it seems I can get a little bit better pricing vs GMC.

Thanks for any info!

calif phil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish I could help with your questions but I just wanted to say congrats on buying a new Yukon or Tahoe and thank you for your service to this great country of ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might get more accurate answers if you posted in the correct section. ;)

aflumb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill give you some advice; being that the Tahoe was the second GM vehicle i bought with military discount. I am now on my 3rd. The best deal i can get was with USAA car purchase program. I bought my 2010 Silverado LT with 3 miles on it for 24K (MSRP was 40K), traded it in 2 yrs later for the Tahoe and they gave me 32K. so all in i got the Tahoe for 43K after all the rebates and trades. it sticker for 63K.
If i ever buy new i always use USAA. I have got the best deals thru them!!!! Even this year i just bought a 2017 Ram 2500. with out USAA i would have paid 58K, but instead it was 54K. i have saved a good amount using them with the military discount. Go to GM's website and they will tell you what discounts they offer. the dealership has to give you the ones you qualify for. good luck