New to Forum - Help with 2010 Tahoe 4x4 upgrade/maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CElliott00

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for checking out my post. I'm new to the forum and wanted to get some ideas on what I can/should do with my 2010 Tahoe LT 4X4. (133K miles)

I recently paid off this truck and I use it for work and hunting. I am running factory everything with the exception of BFG ALL Terrains. It is a great truck and I want to put a little more time and money into it for the right reasons.

Currently on my list:
- Change Serp and AC belts (not sure what brand yet but will be doing myself)
- Suspension? I feel like it is time to upgrade...especially with the addition of off road driving I am doing
- Front bumper w/ winch? I'm not trying to break the bank but it would add piece of mind when I am hunting alone and have to get to the backside of the property

Once again, I appreciate any feedback on this...the do's and don'ts would really help out.

DSN46

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bit of advice on the winch bumper /winch combo. I've run winches on every truck, 4Runner, Suburban and Excursion that I've owned. If you put a bumper and winch on your Tahoe, you will lose 3/4 to 1 inch of ride height. Depending on the ride softness of the springs you put on for a lift kit, it is possible to lose more. I've always had to adjust the front end back to level - except on the Excursion due to it being a 3/4 ton truck. Just FYI. (They are way COOL to have though!) :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos