New To Forum, Found Denali Powerbuy...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D is for DENALI

D is for DENALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
almost 2k for 25 horsepower?!?!??!

:biggun::angry94::angry94::fca5278d::Jedi::Rant:

well just like on the back of my friends 35' formula, "Its just money" hahhahaha

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
almost 2k for 25 horsepower?!?!??!

:biggun::angry94::angry94::fca5278d::Jedi::Rant:

well just like on the back of my friends 35' formula, "Its just money" hahhahaha
Well let's see..The best CAI is about 2 HP according to the Dyno results done here on the forum, new cats are 0 HP, Corsa Sport is maybe 5 HP without longtube headers, so the only real gain from your mods is the tune which BB says is probably 20-25 HP. After that you're looking at a cam and headers which might get you another 40-50 including a re-tune which is why I suggested an Autocal. Every time you make changes you need a new tune. After that it's either heads or a blower or something similarly expensive. My most expensive HP was $6.5 k for a blower. But it was also the most fun. I've also done longtubes, cam, roller rockers, dual valve springs, and a whole lot of money for a trans that will hold up to the HP. Plus other stuff lol. It's addictive. Get with it!

OP
OP
D is for DENALI

D is for DENALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amirite in assuming I don't need an exhaust to get 25 hp out of the tune? mainly sound then?

I enjoy the stock tone, and if im only going to get 5 hp from a $1000 bolt on mainly for sound, i might just skip it for when i have that money lying around.. that G would pay for the new cats, tune, expenses to drive to and from tune, and some steering parts for next springs project!!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No you don't need exhaust for anything except sound. Actually your Denali has a great exhaust, duals all the way back to the muffler. You can change your muffler for better sound. I'd save that money like you said. Catbacks on Denalis are a waste of cash IMO.

Bruizza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good looking Denali! I don't know if i am in the minority here but I really miss the integrated armrest in the seats. I hate that they got rid of that.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah @Rocket Man is correct. I did this exact mod a couple weeks ago. Went with a magnaflow muffler and totally opened up the exhaust for a nice tone. Check out the last couple pages of my build thread for sound clips. I wanted something just a little more than the stock tone and constant, but not super loud. Magnaflow gave me just that. And then I chopped off the stock chrome piece and welded on an MBRP tip that’s roughly the same size. Totally fixes my truck a different look, nice to refresh the exhaust a little without spending a ton on a whole new setup.
Edit: I agree I love the armrests in my NBS seats! Lol

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already bought a new maf sensor when I originally bought it, I was just wondering if the cost of 2 and a half sensors is worth 1.

thanks for helping!

im not racing it so i was thinking if it would help when I stamped on it for passes or something.

Hopefully it's screened, otherwise it messes with your numbers. When you go forced induction, most people switch to speed density, not maf, because you loose resolution over 12000 Hz, which is the max limit in a gen 3, unless it's scaled. The gen 3 pcm is limited to 512 grams/second.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17

Latest posts