New To Forum, Found Denali Powerbuy...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D is for DENALI

D is for DENALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20171019_165945.jpg 20171019_165956.jpg 20171019_170035.jpg 20171019_170903.jpg

couple of the tint, inside, inside tint contrast of 35% to 70%, and a darker photo that might show the windshield better. 20171019_181148.jpg

she's a beaut clark! a beaut!

eta- I have not done any tune of any kind... when I get to the exhaust(1000ish), and cats(400 after welding), I will get a tune then. I was thinking of putting a jet maf sensor in when its done, but i want more opinions on the brand and if it's worth it. says that it's a better map flashed on a stock maf sensor... but is it worth the money.

OP
OP
D is for DENALI

D is for DENALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20171019-182035.png Screenshot_20171019-182112.png

something like this

if you go to jegs website and look it up on their page, they say that I need a low temp thermostat and a throttle body spacer...???

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you really want to waste $300 then get that MAF sensor. If yours is bad, get an AC Delco for $70 or if it's not bad don't buy either. I have my stock one on my supercharged Denali and it works fine. That Jet won't do you a damn thing except drain your wallet. Put that money towards a BlackBear tune.

OP
OP
D is for DENALI

D is for DENALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already bought a new maf sensor when I originally bought it, I was just wondering if the cost of 2 and a half sensors is worth 1.

thanks for helping!

im not racing it so i was thinking if it would help when I stamped on it for passes or something.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
M
I already bought a new maf sensor when I originally bought it, I was just wondering if the cost of 2 and a half sensors is worth 1.

thanks for helping!

im not racing it so i was thinking if it would help when I stamped on it for passes or something.
No it won’t help at all. Like I said, if the stock one is good enough to measure the amount of air that Im pulling through it, it’s certainly good enough for your engine.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember, it's a Mass Air Flow sensor- it doesn't increase or decrease the amount of air entering your engine, it just measures how much is entering. And also there's no need for an aftermarket throttle body either-once again the stock one is enough for even a supercharged engine which is consuming way more air than a stock engine. Don't fall for the hype that a bigger TB is going to make you more power. A good tune will do that though. For $600 you can buy an Autocal with lifetime tunes from Blackbear Performance and gain HP as well as make your shifting faster and firmer and will wake up your truck more than you can imagine. And you can install tunes yourself that they create for you. They e-mail the tune to you. You just hook up the Autocal to your OBD port and install it. If you want to spend some money to make your truck faster, it's the way to go.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Remember, it's a Mass Air Flow sensor- it doesn't increase or decrease the amount of air entering your engine, it just measures how much is entering. And also there's no need for an aftermarket throttle body either-once again the stock one is enough for even a supercharged engine which is consuming way more air than a stock engine. Don't fall for the hype that a bigger TB is going to make you more power. A good tune will do that though. For $600 you can buy an Autocal with lifetime tunes from Blackbear Performance and gain HP as well as make your shifting faster and firmer and will wake up your truck more than you can imagine. And you can install tunes yourself that they create for you. They e-mail the tune to you. You just hook up the Autocal to your OBD port and install it. If you want to spend some money to make your truck faster, it's the way to go.
Great advice. I've read the stock Tb can handle up to 500 hp! So you're good to go on that end.

OP
OP
D is for DENALI

D is for DENALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's very helpful!!

im going to see if black bear is doing any traveling tunes in the Midwest next year, and by then i should have the cats and corsa sport hooked up... minus jet sensor..lolz

With the intake, cats, exhaust and tune, and being that stock hp is 320ish, do you think i could get up to 400 with all that work and tune? or more like 375?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9