New tire time - Need some feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtrummag

Reaction score
So I currently run the Nitto G2's 275/60/20 and like them pretty good.

I have been looking at new tires and came across the following:

Cooper AT3
Faulken Wildpeak AT3

Any feedback or suggestions would be awesome!

Thanks.

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score

Cooper AT3
Faulken Wildpeak AT3

Thanks.

I have heard that the Coopers are good for about 5k miles, then they are loud and harsh, and wear badly.

I've not heard anyone complain about the Falkens. I've also heard good things about the Hankooks. Really though, if you liked the Nittos, I would just stay with them, or upgrade to BFG or Michelin.

Tractoman

Reaction score
Got a pic of those 275 60 20's? That's what I am thinking but not sure what tire yet.
The Hercules Terra Trac look decent to me too.

imageGen.png

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Cooper AT3
Faulken Wildpeak AT3

Thanks.

I'm close to needing new tires, too. My driving is about 98% pavement and the rest is dry or wet grass and hard-packed sand. Love the look of Nitto Terra Grappler G2 and like their relatively low price, but don't want to go only with the look if the on-pavement performance will be subpar.

What's your driving style with the G2s and do you have any thoughts to share on general pavement use?

M3kanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Copper LTZ and absolutely love them. I have had them for over 20k and could not be happier. They have been on hi way and through some pretty muddy places. Have also towed an 8k camper as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I wanted a pure highway tire it would be the Michelin LTX. But like the assurance of an all terrain tire allowing us to go pretty much wherever we want, even in inclement weather. So after an exhaustive search, we settled on the BFG All Terrain T/A KO2s, which rate even better than the Michelins. Went with Load Range C tires as well, 8lbs heavier than the original Goodyears and 5lbs less than the BFG Rugged Trails it's wearing now. Installing them next week.

To show my wife the traction an AT tire affords, I took the truck into the surf on Daytona Beach, water just under the steps. Maybe not the most telling test but it was fun watching the waves pass under the truck as we drove along.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan