New things every day. Rear spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CAMcvicker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So yesterday I figured out I had bilsteins 5100 all around. And today I look at the rear and it looks like I have maybe a 1.5" spacer. It's at the bottom of the coil spring and is a silver metal appearance. I know he must have aftermarket keys too cause it's pretty close to level. Does anyone know the stock ride height of a 03 z71? I ran across it somewhere before but I can't find it now

OP
OP
C

CAMcvicker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did some measuring. My rear fenders are at 39 and 3/4s and my front fenders at at 38 even. I would like to get my front two at 40 even if possible

Chiggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would believe that if you're sitting that high already that you're maxed out with what you can do with the keys. Next step is either a 6 inch lift or a 1-2" body lift.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
You can get your fronts up to 39" but much more than that would be way cranked on the keys. I have a 2" rear spacer and 33s sitting at 40.5 rear and 39.5 front. What tire size do you have?

OP
OP
C

CAMcvicker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 285s on it now. I talked to a guy who's front end was at 40 with eBay keys and they weren't maxed. I know I have room to go but I don't readylift keys are indexed to much higher then what they are now.

Chiggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you go too high you're putting your CV shafts at too much of an angle. That will wear out the CV joints in a hurry.

OP
OP
C

CAMcvicker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I understand that part of it. It just doesn't make sense that mine is sitting at 38" while others are at 39-41 with keys. I would be happy if it was just leveled but it still has rake

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
285x??R??, need the whole tire size to factor in fender height with key spacer combo. I would expect you could crank some more on the front but all rides are different. For example my driver key bolt is almost bottomed out and passenger key bolt only half way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts