New Texan Member!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkhawk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm Edgar and today I have finally stopped lying to myself and pulled the trigger on a used 2016 Yukon XL SLT. Got a decent deal I thought had about 45k on it and was used as a rental but the interior and exterior is damn near immaculate. I was skeptical of a rental but honestly it looks amazing even has no swirl marks from the car washes!

I look forward to learning as much as possible from you guys, currently I already want to get wheels and tires on it since it came with the stock 18" and I'm thinking at least 20s or even 22s. I kind of like the look of the stock Denali or Escalade rims. I'm not really wanting to drop it since I actually enjoy sitting high up but I think that the stock ride is pretty good already so can't wait to start modding it!

Thanks!

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Edgar..I agree with the 20s plus would NOT lower it as the height is perfect the way it is.

OP
OP
D

Darkhawk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Edgar..I agree with the 20s plus would NOT lower it as the height is perfect the way it is.

Yeah I'm super happy with how high it sits. We traded in a Traverse for it and love sitting a bit higher since we normal road trip in diesel trucks.

Now after driving about 200mi on it today I found three things I need to address with the suv. First thing is probably going back to the dealership unless its a known issue, but it seems to have a weird idle shake, feels like a random miss fire so not sure if it goes down to V4 mode at idle just seems weird.

Second thing is more preference since I am a bigger guy, wide frame and heavy. The driver seat seems worn since its used. I feel like I'm sitting on two hard plastic/metal rails on the outer edges of the seat. Not sure if I'm going to have to try to replace the bottom cushion on the drivers side.

Lastly this is the fanciest vehicle I've ever had, never had much auto anything besides auto windows. But with the lane assist it doesn't seem to vibrate the seat when I start drifting. I've tried making it drift and see the photo turn yellow and also can feel like the truck is turning the steering wheel a little to keep me in the lane.

I need to do some reading to know how these powertrain and vehicles generally last for. It's gonna be seeing a lot of highway miles and I know that those are easier on vehicles than city miles.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Idle shake is a very known issue on this generation. That will be a dealer issue as I know there's a TSB out that the service department should have available to correct the issue. I was just reading another members thread about his 2016 that has this direct issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17