New shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brother I chased this same thing for a year. Replaced Autoride suspension, then bypassed autoride suspension & put Rancho 5000 at all 4 corners, then Rancho 9000 at all 4 corners. Along with all the steering components and bushings and bearings in between. It all started with a simple idler arm & pitman arm replacement. Anyway, my final solution was to put the bump stops right on the suspension, limiting movement to almost nothing. And that is the only way I could get rid of that side to side wobble when you hit a bump. 2002 yukon xl 4x4. And I had every front end shop in town look at it along with the dealership twice. Good Luck.
If you're talking about the front, those are called jounce stops and with the torsion bar suspension they're supposed to be in contact with the lower control arms. There's plenty of info on here. That's one of the most misunderstood part of the torsion bar design. Those are designed to act as a fulcrum so if they're missing, damaged or if there's a large gap your front suspension and handling will suffer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14