New roof rack off road light wire routing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TALL00TAHOE

Reaction score
INSTALLED THE NEW ROOF RACK YESTERDAY, I PURCHASED FOUR 100 WATT KC DAYLIGHTERS. ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA ON THE WIRE ROUTING AND DO YOU THINK THE ALTERNATOR WILL BE ABLE TO KEEP UP?

picture.jpg

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
nice rack! :laughing1: where did you pick that one up at? i'd like to get one like that for my tahoe. as for the lights i'd try to run them through an existing hole like a satellite antenna location or existing bolt hole. if you have to drill a hole be sure to seal it up real good. the alternator should be ok as long as the battery can hold up. if you plan on having them on while the truck is off you might want to look into a second battery.

white eagle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
INSTALLED THE NEW ROOF RACK YESTERDAY, I PURCHASED FOUR 100 WATT KC DAYLIGHTERS. ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA ON THE WIRE ROUTING AND DO YOU THINK THE ALTERNATOR WILL BE ABLE TO KEEP UP?

picture.php
A company named Quick Start had what I needed for my lights and equipment well worth it.

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your caps lock button stuck? Nice rack....I am looking for something like the Gobi. May build one myself

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I can't believe you directed us to a link on MUD. I just sold my 80 Series last year. MINT 93 with only 80k miles. I was OBSESSED with that rig and that forum. I have my life back now that I sold that truck and it felt weird going back to that site!

ladorn45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol yea that site can be dangerous. I have to keep telling my self do I really need to do that.