NEW RIG - 05 LT w/39,777 Miles!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! What a sweet deal. I bought my '05 Z71 new with all available options and have had almost zero problems. It now has almost 150k miles. Changed an a/c actuator, a 4wd electronic component, shocks and rear brake pads. That's all! Knock on wood, but has been a great vehicle and I drive it daily.

Be glad you don't have factory nav. It costs $200/year for an updated map disc and you can't use the nav and a CD at the same time unless you play the CD from the rear entertainment console. I can buy a new Garmin each year cheaper than that. Plus, my nav does sometimes fail to read the disc (possible dust inside it).

OP
OP
Bdowntown

Bdowntown

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ya, I've used it before and thought it wasn't user friendly in general. I use my phone if I need NAV anyways. What dhocks did you end going with? I'll need to replace mine at some point-

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, I've used it before and thought it wasn't user friendly in general. I use my phone if I need NAV anyways. What dhocks did you end going with? I'll need to replace mine at some point-
AC Delco 540-67 & 540-68. OEM replacements. Made a big difference in ride and cornering. Looked at other brands but just wanted the factory ride. Very pleased with them.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your awesome 05 Tahoe!!!!

Garage kept with service records,low original miles plus it looks brand new in and out..Does not get any better then that!! Nice color and nice find!!.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh