New Ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ridculous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok - I know my hitch is rated more than what the stock denali can tow. I was hoping I could weld in the hitch or add beefier suspension parts like helper bags to get the rating up without having to change out axles or other pricier items. After next week I will have a built 4L80e in there with the 408 so the powertrain (along with wilwood 6 piston caliper BBK, trailer brake controller) will be more then capable of pulling more weight.

camaroz1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can change all the parts you want and it won't change the actual tow rating. It would make it more capable of towing heavier, but if you get in an accident towing more than the official rating as documented by GM you may be denied insurance coverage, and be held liable for damages.

OP
OP
D

Dannyo1973

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can change all the parts you want and it won't change the actual tow rating. It would make it more capable of towing heavier, but if you get in an accident towing more than the official rating as documented by GM you may be denied insurance coverage, and be held liable for damages.
Good point. Never thought of it like that. I had planned to swap out the 5.3 for a 6.0 and change gears in our yukon but found the suburban. Plus what a I bought the suburban for it was a no brainer.