New ride, mods continue...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DWSmoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taking ownership this week of my new 2017 LT, 2wd, with 22" Seven spoke wheels.
This is a "borrowed" similar picture of my new ride:

IMG_0063.JPG

I am having the dealer install a Rough Country 2" level to get rid of the rake. Hoping this creates a true level and not a nose high condition? Any thoughts?

I have already done quite a bit of research and am hoping to add some 305/45 R22 tires and wondering if anyone has any thoughts or input on issues with fitment with this set-up? I realize this is a fairly larger tire than the stock 285/45 R22 but hoping the level will accommodate?

Any help is appreciated...

Last edited:

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2" level kit?
To raise the front or lower the rear?

OP
OP
DWSmoot

DWSmoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it home today... 2" RC level seems to potentially have left the nose a tad high. Anyone know if the front fenderwell is cut out higher that the back? Prior to the level install there was 2.5"+ of rake...

IMG_0312.JPG IMG_0313.JPG IMG_0314.JPG IMG_0315.JPG

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a drop kit. I measured from ground to center of fenders. I had variances from side to side. I measured in my garage, on the driveway and kept getting the same measurements, but i wasn't even side to side before the kit. After the kit, I am with a 1/16" side to side.

OP
OP
DWSmoot

DWSmoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a drop kit. I measured from ground to center of fenders. I had variances from side to side. I measured in my garage, on the driveway and kept getting the same measurements, but i wasn't even side to side before the kit. After the kit, I am with a 1/16" side to side.

That's pretty close! Thanks for the help

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thin coil spacers to raise the rear a little would be cheap, super easy to install and wouldn't hurt anything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu