New radio in Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I picked up a free pioneer radio and haven't been able to make it work so to be safe I went and picked up another and still having trouble, Best Buy says they have a harness for 150 bucks, but alternative sources say I can tap into certain fuses to power it up. Everyone I've asked has said it's a pain to do since I have all the buttons on the wheel, and have the bose system. It's a 2005 Yukon SLT, any amount of advice will help significantly. Everything was easier when I had my 02 and it was a simple install. Thanks guys!

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2005 is no longer just power, ground, constant like the 2002 and earlier. Everything runs through the radio. You can lose door chimes, steering wheel controls, onstar, and other stuff and go real cheap, or just pay the $100 and get the right harness.

OP
OP
Jarrett McClune
Reaction score
2005 is no longer just power, ground, constant like the 2002 and earlier. Everything runs through the radio. You can lose door chimes, steering wheel controls, onstar, and other stuff and go real cheap, or just pay the $100 and get the right harness.

I knew about the chimes and onstar, but don't care about either, was just wondering if there was a way to keep bose and steering, if the harness is 100% gonna work then 150 isn't anything. Just would hate to have them get it in stock and pay that price for a piece of plastic that still wouldn't solve my problems. Looks like I'll be taking a trip out there, thankyou for your input!

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
was just wondering if there was a way to keep bose and steering

not without the expensive harness. Should be around $100 (online). you can go to metraonline.com and it will tell you what you need and then go to Amazon and get it. I think it's the GMOS-01 but not 100% sure.

OP
OP
Jarrett McClune
Reaction score
not without the expensive harness. Should be around $100 (online). you can go to metraonline.com and it will tell you what you need and then go to Amazon and get it. I think it's the GMOS-01 but not 100% sure.

Thankyou very much! Been fighting this for weeks and forgot I was a member on here haha!

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just tapped into accessory power at the fuse box. No module to go bad, love the no chimes. You can buy the axxess module to keep steering wheel controls for like 40 on Amazon. I don' have Bose but you can keep that without the module too. However it is easy to just hook the module up as long as you get the right one. Last I heard you still have to buy the steering wheel module separately though.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can get the cheap harness at walmart, but I would go with the good one that retains everything, the cheap one is exactly like you get what you pay for....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14