New paint, lights SSBC brakes and more

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98blackbell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This past year I have:
Painted tahoe
New cowl hood
New SSBC brakes
Fixed the a/c
Stopped most of the leak in rear hatch
Door hinge pins
Dash hard plastic cover
New rubber door and hatch seals
New rubber tech mats front and rear

All those were great, but had i one extra benefit. Since I have had my 2dr tahoe (12 years, 200,000 miles) there has been a vibration that you could start to feel at 58 mph. It would get very prominent at 68 and violent with dash shake and center console rattle. Dash would bounce over an inch. At 80 mph it would settle. The dash ended up shattered into many pieces.

After 3 sets of wheels 1-stock, 2-Center Line 15x10 and 3-Ultra 20x9. Multiple sets of tires. Concentric centering rings, drive shaft balancing and road force balancing it ended up going away with the rear drum to disc conversion. I guess I had a rear drum bent.

Now I believe this made my a/c control panel fail 3 times. Now honestly I did install an Alpine stereo head with small 4 channel amp. Put in a 500 watt amp and a 10 inch sub. I crammed the additional wiring and the small amp down behind the a/c control unit and radio. This ended in chaffing the power wire to the a/c control. Took the 3Rd replacement to diagnose the chaffed wire, but hey I had a killer stereo with failing a/c.

Wife and I have down sized selling house. Bought a 42 foot Sailboat. Moved aboard. I did all the upgrades and makeover to get the wife to agree on going to one car in the family. Pulling her out of her baby, an Infinity G35 coupe was tough!

But the upgrades and repairs closed the deal.

Next will be:

Carpet
Headliner
Sun visors (plastic doors broke)

Big dream would be Motor swap. Wife gave me permission so maybe if the old iron horse gives up!

first%20cut-1_zpsyu4pblrr.jpg
20170118_162649_zpsiickyqdy.jpg
20170118_162658_zpsiitcory9.jpg
20170118_191431_zps3yddfcm7.jpg

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Good looking ride. I'm going to be stupid here, I thought those were called full size Blazers not Tahoes I was looking at them about 12 years ago but ended up with a new Colorado ;)

OP
OP
98blackbell

98blackbell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1995 prior were like k5 blazers.

1996 to 1999 they were 2 Dr tahoe.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Clean af bro!
Perfect stance and tire/wheel set up.
Maybe get some black tails to match the heads

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice! You've done very well with it sir! Love those 2 doors. I've got a 96 Z71, but would like to get a 2wd later to build to compliment the Z71. I want pretty much the same look, except I would probably go with a different wheel (because I don't want it to look exactly like your's), black smoothie bumpers, and anything but clear tails. That project is a LONG ways off though. :disgust:

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow this makes me want a two door even more beautiful tahoe sir

Yeah, you need to get one. You already have one for the family, now you need one for yourself! :party36: Looks like you've got a pretty sweet Hoe yourself. I always have loved those Tahoe Limiteds. Would love to get my hands on one for family trips, or just hauling the fam arounds. Last year I bought the fourth 2 door vehicle I have owned, since I got with my gf. :sad72:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018