New on the block, looking to drop a few inches off...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my "26U - BLUE-GREEN CRYSTAL" 2007 Yukon Denali (150k miles) a few days ago and I am ready to get it dropped... I've been emailing with Tony (NorcalSS) about drop systems and he's been great and able to answer most of my questions even though he's on vacation right now. I wanted to post a few pictures and ask what everyone here thinks. Originally I was just gonna do the Belltech 2" Drop Spindles in the Front and his 3 - 4" kit in rear with DJM swaybars and his links. Looking at the truck how it sits now (air ride is non functional) I think it needs a 3" in the front and 4" rear with option to upgrade to 5". The other thing is I don't plan to run huge 24" or 26" wheel. I am currently running the 20" stockers and plan to buy another set of 20", MAYBE 22" MAX... I want a smoother ride, but ultimately something that can take corners too.

#1 - 2.5" - 3" Drop Front, 4" - 5" Rear
#2 - Remove All Air Ride (Have resistors coming, need new struts, use drop bell techs???)
#3 - Anyone use Bilstein 5100 or similar on these things?? I want the most comfortable best handling ride possible. I live in Michigan, the roads SUCK here!

Here are some pictures, they kind of suck. Some are from before I purchased it and when it wasn't clean. I wanted to remove the chrome bug cover but the detail guy said it was on with the screws as well as some adhesive and he didnt want to pull up the paint on the hood.

*Truck sits from tire to fender DF - 5 3/8", PF 5 7/8", DR 7", PR 7 7/8" (I have never heard the compressor come on)

20170408203324-bc2af8b7-me.jpg
20170408202851-a1f9878d-me.jpg
20170408202434-b455c6eb-me.jpg
20170408202427-dbe3c1de-me.jpg
20170408202911-685d6b53-me.jpg

metelhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tony the right guy to deal with...many have on here. Lots of folks do the 2/3 drop for dally drivers, but the best looking rides go a bit further for the 4/6...eitherway big improvements.

Looks like a pretty clean ride for 150k, enjoy.

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tony the right guy to deal with...many have on here. Lots of folks do the 2/3 drop for dally drivers, but the best looking rides go a bit further for the 4/6...eitherway big improvements.

Looks like a pretty clean ride for 150k, enjoy.

I know it would look better dropped a bit more... My concern is wheel/tire size. I don't plan on going 24" or 26" like most of you. Whats the height difference between my 275/55/20 and the tires on the 24"/26" stuff???

Just got an email back from Tony. I think we are doing the Bell Tech 2" drop spindle in front with adjustable drop spindles and his 4" kit in back with links and helper bags. DJM sway bars of course... He mentions possibly going with a spindle with more than 2" drop. Didn't know these were around, who makes them?

The truck is SUPER clean for 150k miles. It's a one owner car, 65yr old guy, always garage kept. The 2nd row has been used maybe 3 or 4 times and the 3rd for was only installed in the truck once. I swear no one takes care of cars/trucks these days. It disgusts me when I go to look at "new" 2014/2015 used cars with 20k miles on them and they are in worse shape than this baby thats 10 years old with 150k on the odometer. Makes me wanna slap a few people lol... I don't wanna start posting pictures of the interior on the suspension thread, but heres an underbody shot I took yesterday to show how clean it really is. This guy never used car washes, always hand washed (no under body washing) which I find amazing... Motor and transmission coming out this week to get a rebuild just for the hell of it and upgrade to some LS3 parts in preparation for a ProCharger or Turbo setup.

i.php

(Just noticed while uploading this picture I might have a small hole in the muffler. It sounds fine but I might have to order one from Tony. I don't think I wanna do a whole system although that MBRP S5032304 T304 Stainless Steel Single Side Cat Back Exhaust System is on sale on Amazon (5% back) for $550... Inlet is only 3" though. Anyone tried one?)

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want your denali wheels
I'll try to keep you in mind if I change... Maybe send me a PM and if I buy new wheels you will be first on the list. These were the guys winter wheels lol. He had a set of 22" escalade wheels he had hiding in his garage behind his corvette that he didn't show me until the deal was done lol. I don't even know which wheel they are, any idea?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Super clean underneath. I went with just an mbrp muffler using my stock pipes. Not sure of the model number tho, I bought it from a forum member. At first it was too loud for me, but its really grown on me! Sounds AMAZING! Especially when you get on it.
Or a walk around.

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Super clean underneath. I went with just an mbrp muffler using my stock pipes. Not sure of the model number tho, I bought it from a forum member. At first it was too loud for me, but its really grown on me! Sounds AMAZING! Especially when you get on it.
Or a walk around.
That sounds GREAT! Lmao... My 6 yr old is gonna hate me :) wife too I'm sure as this is my daily driver. I'm sure they will get used to it though. My little one is scared of the 67 Camaro and your Tahoe sounds damn nice. Has a good lump to it. Stock cam? Resonator delete or did the 06 and older not have them?

Got a drive by video or one getting on it? Thanks!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
That sounds GREAT! Lmao... My 6 yr old is gonna hate me :) wife too I'm sure as this is my daily driver. I'm sure they will get used to it though. My little one is scared of the 67 Camaro and your Tahoe sounds damn nice. Has a good lump to it. Stock cam? Resonator delete or did the 06 and older not have them?

Got a drive by video of one getting on it? Thanks!
Lol, your kids will get used to it. Hoe has a cam, pushrods, springs, blah, blah. Also has a 3000 stall converter. Thing pulls hard and strong. It's my gf's daily. She's not crazy about it either, but she'll get used to it! Lol, says she's scared of it now. Unfortunately I don't have a drive by video--yet. I know the 01-06 didn't have resonators in them. So I just cut out the stock muffler and had the mbrp welded in. Also not having cats adds to it I'm sure.
Here's a video of me coming back from the garage who did my cam. Still had the stock muffler on it. Couldn't get on it too much, too much traffic, plus my gf was following me in my work van.
This thing just pulls--HARD!

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, your kids will get used to it. Hoe has a cam, pushrods, springs, blah, blah. Also has a 3000 stall converter. Thing pulls hard and strong. It's my gf's daily. She's not crazy about it either, but she'll get used to it! Lol, says she's scared of it now. Unfortunately I don't have a drive by video--yet. I know the 01-06 didn't have resonators in them. So I just cut out the stock muffler and had the mbrp welded in. Also not having cats adds to it I'm sure.
Here's a video of me coming back from the garage who did my cam. Still had the stock muffler on it. Couldn't get on it too much, too much traffic, plus my gf was following me in my work van.
This thing just pulls--HARD!
lol, very nice... I'm nervous about my 6.2L build, trying not to go overboard as I have a 1,200 - 1,500hp Camaro to play with this summer. I think I'm gonna start with just a motor refresh and essentially change the L92 over to a LS3 with a new cam/intake, maybe 450 - 500hp goal or so. Eventually it will be Turbo or ProCharged... I'm addicted to torque, what can I say.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome and great ride I love the NNBS Denali's I've got those rims in gloss black on my Escalade, Tony is the guy to go to for suspension work he set up my OBS wouldn't deal with anyone else, if you want a nice cat-back and have the cash get a Corsa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC