New member with possible purchase question!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crowe17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all! Part time lurker but huge fan of the '00-07 body style (generation after has grown on me, but only mostly black Tahoe's and white Denali's)!!
I've been in the market searching for an 02-06 Tahoe/Denali and have come across 2 from private sellers.

The first is an 05 Denali, burgundy (love that color), 171k, really good condition via photos, small tear on drivers side seat, sun roof, aftermarket In-Dash radio and DVD player, new tires last summer, they say well maintained, owned it for 5 years, didnt pull much but a small trailer on occasion and jet ski's. A/S actuator replaced a few years ago. Getting rid of it to downsize.
They are asking $6700.

The second is an 04 Tahoe Z71, 153k, silver, really great condition as well via photos, but drivers seat on the outside is pretty worn/torn up, but overall sitting surface area is in good shape.
New tires this past Jan. (NITTO something's, said she spend over a grand for them), sunroof, OEM head unit/DVD. Owned it for 3 years, and recently installed a Primus IQ braking system but they never got around to towing. Gettingrid of it becasue they dont have a need for it anymore and its just sitting.
They are asking $6500.

Both of these sellers are an hour drive away, and i plan to see one of these tomorrow. Both are also okay with me taking the truck to a shop for inspection.

Thoughts? Questons I should ask? Photos I should ask for? Should prices be lower (I am in the midwest-Chicagoland area)?

Im all ears!

Thanks in advance!!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Hello all! Part time lurker but huge fan of the '00-07 body style (generation after has grown on me, but only mostly black Tahoe's and white Denali's)!!
I've been in the market searching for an 02-06 Tahoe/Denali and have come across 2 from private sellers.

The first is an 05 Denali, burgundy (love that color), 171k, really good condition via photos, small tear on drivers side seat, sun roof, aftermarket In-Dash radio and DVD player, new tires last summer, they say well maintained, owned it for 5 years, didnt pull much but a small trailer on occasion and jet ski's. A/S actuator replaced a few years ago. Getting rid of it to downsize.
They are asking $6700.

The second is an 04 Tahoe Z71, 153k, silver, really great condition as well via photos, but drivers seat on the outside is pretty worn/torn up, but overall sitting surface area is in good shape.
New tires this past Jan. (NITTO something's, said she spend over a grand for them), sunroof, OEM head unit/DVD. Owned it for 3 years, and recently installed a Primus IQ braking system but they never got around to towing. Gettingrid of it becasue they dont have a need for it anymore and its just sitting.
They are asking $6500.

Both of these sellers are an hour drive away, and i plan to see one of these tomorrow. Both are also okay with me taking the truck to a shop for inspection.

Thoughts? Questons I should ask? Photos I should ask for? Should prices be lower (I am in the midwest-Chicagoland area)?

Im all ears!

Thanks in advance!!

Assuming these are both 5.3's?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@HiHoeSilver , the 2003-2006 Denali was never offered with the 5.3. It was only offered with the 5.3 from 2000-2002. So I'm assuming the 2005 Denali he suggested has the 6.0 V8. @Crowe17 , there is a whole thread here that's got a few pages of excellent reading for things to look for on this generation gm full size, I read through the same thread while I was searching and ended up with my 2006. Here is a link to it. http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thre...g-a-00-06-nbs-tahoe-suburban-look-here.61834/
There is also a second thread specific to buying a high mileage truck of this generation, something you might also want to read through.
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thre...nsider-if-buying-a-high-mileage-gmt800.88486/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjhorst14