New Member with New to me Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AltxF4

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I just purchased a used (obviously) 2004 (Docs say 2003) Yukon XL Denali for my business. I got a great deal on it, and overall it in great condition.... a few little issues ( rear auto level shocks blown, but no info on DIC), but nothing crazy since I can do all the work myself. I will and have been doing a lot of searching on here, and will be posting some questions.

Thanks,

Jon

SirReal63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Central Texas Jon, we just picked up a 2003 XL Denali ourselves. This is the best place to get information on these wonderful vehicles.

Lanewvr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome. This is the place to be. We just bought a Yukon Denali a couple weeks ago also.

OP
OP
AltxF4

AltxF4

Reaction score
Welcome Jon! What's the build date on the door sticker and the 10th digit on the VIN?
Hi, The inner door sticker is bleached out from something on it... same with the underhood stickers. My guess is the "detailers" used something nasty. 10th digit in vin is 3. I will see if I can lift any latent image from the sticker

OP
OP
AltxF4

AltxF4

Reaction score
Well 3 means 2003. Lots of guys here with those years and they still run great and are a tremendous value.
Yeah, by all of the research I have been doing as I crawl all over this thing definitly points to a 2003... Especially the AC with automatic control. Yeah the snowflake with a line through it when I press the AC button had me troubleshooting AC yesterday, but I was getting some crazy results. Now I know why. Button turns AC off!

I think I will be able to get this thing up to my standards pretty easy! About to install all 4 corner passive Monroe shocks once the new Dorman air compressor gets here. After that I will do a P/S hydrobost flush, brake flush along with GMT900 front calipers and rotors with Braided SS lines, Coolant flush, and trans flush and filter.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Jon!!

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from the snow covered Northeast.... Many guys here delete the air ride system.0308180751a.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy