New member, used yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tormented_nazi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all, i just purchased a 2004 yukon xl slt. It has the 5.3 vortec with 230k. My wife loves this thing, its clean and most of it works. Lol
Problems:

Instrument cluster-tach and temp sensor works. After tons of reading i believe im capable of replacing the stepper motors. And thats cheap.

Passenger window-the motor and regulator seem to work fine, i havent pulled the door panel yet but i can hear the motor run and the regulator moves up against the window. Is the plastic window guides on this? Or do i have to replace the regulator?

Rear defroster- one of the leads detached from window. How can i re attach this? It looks to me like it was originally soldered on.

And lastly i wanted to replace the head unit so i had an aux port to use my phone. I did not do proper research before i purchased what i thought i would need. I eneded up returning all the aftermarket componetnts. I went to radio shack(local store closing) got a 3.5mm audio jack(2pack female), 3.5mm aux cord 6ft(both male ends) for 10 bucks. I popped the glove box open and spliced audio jack into the xm radio harness. Ran aux cable out to center console. Was able to retain bose sound quality, stock look and use my phone. I did away with the xm but its just as easy to keep it hooked up. I didnt care about cd player or bluetooth. So this was super easy and cheap

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would buy an entire motor and regulator assembly from ebay and rockauto if it was me.

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Instrument cluster-tach and temp sensor works. After tons of reading i believe im capable of replacing the stepper motors. And thats cheap.

While you are in there you may want to replace the bulbs that illuminate the cluster and reflow the solder on the surface mount resistors that control the cluster power and PRND321 display. If you feel you can replace the stepper motors, the same skills and tools will get you through the other jobs. I did my cluster, all the bulbs in the steering controls, and the bulbs HVAC controls in an afternoon.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that you have the aux jack, you can get a bluetooth adapter and not have to worry about an extra adapter. I added my aux jack about 2 months ago, I also removed the CD player and put in pocket

bassgas

Reaction score
I have the same one I have had it since it was new. I love it. Got about 150 on it. I have replaced I window regulatory and replaced passenger seat belt kept locking up and had speedo quit and replaced it as well. Just added aftermarket kenwood with Bluetooth and added back up camera. I use it all the time to pull my boat. Decided I am going to keep it and start bringing it up to date. Brake mods light mods and lift for starters. Like the site here but seems like majority is hoe upgrades [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon