New Member/New Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just brought home a 13 black Tahoe PPV with 73kmi a couple days ago. Paid $14k for it which seemed okay since I found it just a hour away. Private owner bought it out of Kansas a year ago. I didn't really want to make 2 600 mile round trips to Chicago to one of the dealers there, and have the same issues I've got with this one. It is in average condition I think, but as usual I always find more things to deal with after I buy something. Found plenty of holes I didn't see the first time. I knew the rear hatch struts were bad which I replaced yesterday for $80, and will deal with the warm AC when it get hot out again. The PO put 20 inch wheels and tires on it which he kept, but he had put a leveling kit in the front for the bigger tires, which I will remove today. But I had to buy $22 worth of bolts for the lower shock mount, and when I looked the guy somehow never put one of the sway bar end links on. Another $40 I hadn't planned on. The front chin spoiler is gone which I will replace, and I will put the spotlight back in, but seems like a couple pieces of that are missing that an install kit might have. Don't know how the A-pillar trim comes off yet? None of the front stereo speakers work either, and I have no idea where to start looking yet for that issue. Stopped by the dealer yesterday and got the printout for options, and at least it has the G80 locking diff which I wanted for winter. I will probably get Blizzaks in a 255/65-17 which are 30.1 inches tall, close the stock diameter, and slightly narrower. Also found out it hasn't had the cooling fan recall done yet, but at least I still have powertrain warranty until April 2018. Other than all that, I like driving this much more than my 08 Silverado that was starting to rust at 43k miles.

badandyturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your new project. Welcome to club. Lots of good stuff on here and don't be afraid to ask any questions.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Lots of SSV/PPV here to get info on.

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
None of the front stereo speakers work either, and I have no idea where to start looking yet for that issue..
Chances are they probably utilized the WX7 option which overrides the front speakers for the police radio to be broadcast through them.
Here's a wiring diagram for it, oh and for the spotlight.
af.PNG

OP
OP
Lightning 95

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I finally got the chance to remove the leveling kit that had the nose up slightly. In the process I also replaced the missing front sway bar end link. Looks and drives the way it should now, and I am really getting to like this thing. I am really impressed with the Firestone pursuit tires. Too bad they are government priced for some reason? Going to try it out at an autocross tomorrow!

OP
OP
Lightning 95

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1st attempt at a pic. Here is my ppv with 18 in American wheels with 265/60-18 tires. I bought the wheels in 2004, and have had them on 3 trucks now. They only made these in 18's for a couple years, then only 20's, and I don't they even make those anymore. Too bad nobody makes a 265/55-18 max performance tire.
IMG_2448.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon