New member from Iowa!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Charles, welcome to the forum from Georgia Dawg country. Looks like a real clean Hoe. My suggestion as others have mentioned, check with dealer on records, they sometime hesitate. If none, see if they will do the Carfax for you ? that way they can absorb the cost rather than your pocket. Good luck.
David g...............:)

OP
OP
Raxus

Raxus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got the Carfax and really nothing on it. Last service they replaced the rear brakes on 1/4/2018 so that's good to know! On Monday I am having my mechanic do an inspection on her so I know where I stand mechanically. Thinking at the very least I am gonna do the 100k service just to be sure with a tune up.

Rax

OP
OP
Raxus

Raxus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pretty clean bill of health except both outer tierods and lower balljoints need replaced. They couldn't check the uppers but assuming they are bad too. They say about $550ish to do it.

Rax

Idaho45guy

Reaction score
Bought mine yesterday and driving it home last night and to work today I averaged 17mpg. That is in the rolling hills of Idaho/Washington.

I lived in Iowa for a few years and actually drove a `98 Chevy 1500 2wd with a 5.0 and 5spd and got 27mpg commuting to Des Moines for work.

chrmbly

Reaction score
Hey all! Just bought an '05 Tahoe LT Autoride with 122k miles on it for a very good price. This one is AWD with 4 low, 5.3L. Very happy with it except for one thing. Not sure if this is normal mpg or not but got 13 mpg highway coming home from the dealer (dealer was 110 miles away). Shouldn't I be getting better mileage? Thinking I might need to get it tuned up. What do you all think? Anyways here's a pic of her :)

JPEG_20180328_144454.jpg

Rax

I just got a 2005 LT w/ Autoride and only 84k back in January - first big SUV / Truck for me, so I'm still learning.

FWIW, I pretty much only do stop/go backroads driving for my commute. I am right around 13.3 mpg AND i just got a tuneup. :)

If you figure out some other solution, let me know - i'll do the same!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout