New Member Checking In

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Bob!!

Excellent choice on getting your 2016 Yukon XL Denali!! Very nice!! You will love it!!

OP
OP
F

fordfest

Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome!
We've had the 2016 for about 1-1/2 years. I like the looks, but we have the dreaded ride quality issue. Not sure what I was thinking buying a black DD???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've had the 2016 for about 1-1/2 years. I like the looks, but we have the dreaded ride quality issue. Not sure what I was thinking buying a black DD???

Lower it with a kit from Tony NorcalSS. It will ride and look much better.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hello and welcome.

What "ride quality issue are you referring to, as it should have the magnetic suspension which by my account is great for a SUV.

OP
OP
F

fordfest

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

What "ride quality issue are you referring to, as it should have the magnetic suspension which by my account is great for a SUV.

The slightest imperfection in the road causes the suspension to harden causing it to ride extremely rough. I'm not talking potholes, I'm saying just the slightest bump in the road. The worst I've seen is a concrete section of road with a slight "wash board" surface will try to jar your teeth loose. To put into perspective, my son's 2016 Sierra HD2500 crew cab rides better than our 2016 Yukon Denali.

Apparently, this is a common problem as there are numerous threads about it. The consensus is that GM needs a software update to correct the problem.

However, not sure the magnetic ride is the only issue. I drove a brand new 2018 SLT yesterday and it had the same annoying rattles.

2016 Denali vs 2018 SLT

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...s/2016-Denali-vs-2018-SLT.99503/&share_type=t

OP
OP
F

fordfest

Reaction score
Welcome, black dd ftw.
Whats with the screen name(ill say it cause no one else did)

X2

I wondered if someone would ask. I have a hard enough time remembering things, I prefer to use one screen name to make it easy. I'm a big fan of Ford vehicles such as 32/33/40, Mustang, Raptor, GT, Super Duty, etc. However, when it comes to the full size SUV market, no one touches GM.

At the end of the day, I like all things automotive.

This is a my Shelby
86e91ff5f054159bec04412bbb5e755c.jpg