New Member, 2002 Tahoe LS Fire Service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eff naked teeth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

New to the forum and just bought a 2002 Tahoe LS 4x4 with 5.3L. It is a former fire department vehicle, so it is pretty stripped down it appears. It won't be a daily driver and will serve as a house rig mainly. Rear vinyl seat will be good for the car seat aged kids. Unfortunately / Fortunately depending on your views, its a barn door rear. I don't have issue with the visibility, but would like to be able hide from the rain.

Will be looking around for interior panels and a new center console as some have holes in them from mounting all the service equipment.

Near term, head lights and tail lights (another bummer for the barn doors). Farther out, wheels and tires to help fill the wells a bit more; also will be looking at fender flares/shrouds.

I'll eventually get a picture app to share images.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Edward!!

OP
OP
E

eff naked teeth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll download my Instagram app back to the phone and take some pictures tomorrow if I remember. In the meantime, think red.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome. if using mobile app on phone just hit the 'upload file' button next to the 'post button' and you can post pics right from your phone....

OP
OP
E

eff naked teeth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thinking about new wheels and tires. Want to keep it service oriented, so thinking skinny with a more all terrain E rated tire. Would like to fill more of the wheel well though.dca345bd5b8550bc36438191271b46d8.jpga6b91d46c09803bce65a5e57717a372d.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Depending how bad the holes in your plastic panels are, you might be able to fix them. Welcome.