New member, 05 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baymax

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to share that my wife and I just purchased an 05 yukon and thanks to this forum, you guys really helped in sorting them out. We just bought a Summit white, SLT 4WD with 138k miles. It's fully loaded with everything except captains chairs, autoride, and factory nav. It even has the 4.10 gears!
It was original owner, garaged and very well maintained. Had it checked out by the shop that works on my companies fleet of 00-2016 silverados and sierras and it came back very clean, even all the fluids were great. The previous owner had the water pump replaced about 120k miles and all the fluids swapped at 100k.

The only thing he recommended is some front end work down the road as he could see some play starting in the idler arm and one of the ball joints and all the shocks look original. The truck does have 20" wheels and wanders a little down the road. I figured that sometime this summer I'll just go through and swap all the steering components and maybe do all the bushings and shocks front and rear and that should tighten everything up.

Other than that we love it! And the kids named it Baymax!

Look forward to hanging around the forum more!

IMG_0137.JPG

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to share that my wife and I just purchased an 05 yukon and thanks to this forum, you guys really helped in sorting them out. We just bought a Summit white, SLT 4WD with 138k miles. It's fully loaded with everything except captains chairs, autoride, and factory nav. It even has the 4.10 gears!
It was original owner, garaged and very well maintained. Had it checked out by the shop that works on my companies fleet of 00-2016 silverados and sierras and it came back very clean, even all the fluids were great. The previous owner had the water pump replaced about 120k miles and all the fluids swapped at 100k.

The only thing he recommended is some front end work down the road as he could see some play starting in the idler arm and one of the ball joints and all the shocks look original. The truck does have 20" wheels and wanders a little down the road. I figured that sometime this summer I'll just go through and swap all the steering components and maybe do all the bushings and shocks front and rear and that should tighten everything up.

Other than that we love it! And the kids named it Baymax!

Look forward to hanging around the forum more!

View attachment 83613

Congrats on s nice truck and welcome to the forum! Now get out there and get rid of that door molding!

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Daryl, to you and your wife, welcome to the forum. You made a good choice and it looks like it has been well taken care of. My Tahoe has been garaged since NEW and is soon going to jump the 200 K mark. You wife will love the ride and comfort of this vehicle. I guess I got a good one (only 2 exist with same options) just a shade over $,32,000 when new, still has all original suspension/shocks/AC just tire replacement, brakes, fluids. I just cannot part with it because the 5.7 Vortec in my opinion is irreplaceable.

A word of caution if your AC stops cooling, DO NOT buy a bottle of Freon, take it to a REPUTABLE AC SHOP, not a tire or service center, and have them EVACUATE/RECHARGE the system with the proper MACHINE. Max cooling 36-38 degrees if system is correctly charges. I share tis with you because the world is full of bad people who will and can jerk your chain, take it from an old man who has seen it all in my life. Good luck to you/yours, and I myself like to keep it original, someday you will pass it to someone else for it's originality.

David g.........:2cents:

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your 05 Yukon looks to be in excellent shape Daryl!!..Nice that your Yukon was so well maintained!!

I see so many owners [even here] not checking their vehicle out before they buy them then find out they bought a sludge monster among other things.

Welcome from Miami Beach!!

OP
OP
B

Baymax

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes! I've been reading around. Gonna be doing some dash bulb replacements soon I think. Just minor things for now probably. We like it so far!

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Good looking ride.
Good to hear you already have the bug for working on the Yukon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davonlwilliams33