New LED taillights install.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. No issue with my cruise control.
Our trucks are the same year, I wonder why my cruse control doesn't work, but yours does?

I wonder if they have a loading resistors for the tail lights built in?

I was reading on the amazon page, that these plug into the wiring harness under the truck, not into the bulb plugs. Is that right?

OP
OP
chevrol8t

chevrol8t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our trucks are the same year, I wonder why my cruse control doesn't work, but yours does?

I wonder if they have a loading resistors for the tail lights built in?

I was reading on the amazon page, that these plug into the wiring harness under the truck, not into the bulb plugs. Is that right?

Yes sir that is correct. This is an entire assembly. Just unplug from the harness and plug the new ones in. The funny thing about it is that my new spyder bumper lights were giving me more trouble than these less recognized tail lights. It was truly plug and run.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@chevrol8t , what wiring harness are you talking about under your bumper? I didn't know there was anything there related to brake lights except my tow package hookup. Is that what you're referring to? I just bought a similar style led and having major issues that I can't seem to fix.

OP
OP
chevrol8t

chevrol8t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@chevrol8t , what wiring harness are you talking about under your bumper? I didn't know there was anything there related to brake lights except my tow package hookup. Is that what you're referring to? I just bought a similar style led and having major issues that I can't seem to fix.
Trust me I did not know about it either until after I got my after market tail lights. I had to ask a question on the Amazon forum where I got the lights and was told about the harness for the tail lights. If you look under the bumper directly where the tail lights are at, you will see a wire loom leading to a wire harness. If you need to remove the tail lights you have to unplug that harness to get the whole assembly out.

As a matter of fact when you get a chance unscrew your tail lights and you will see a wire loom going under the bumper. Just follow it and it will lead you to the harness connector.

I was ready to send my new lights back thinking I was sent the wrong one...

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trust me I did not know about it either until after I got my after market tail lights. I had to ask a question on the Amazon forum where I got the lights and was told about the harness for the tail lights. If you look under the bumper directly where the tail lights are at, you will see a wire loom leading to a wire harness. If you need to remove the tail lights you have to unplug that harness to get the whole assembly out.

As a matter of fact when you get a chance unscrew your tail lights and you will see a wire loom going under the bumper. Just follow it and it will lead you to the harness connector.

I was ready to send my new lights back thinking I was sent the wrong one...
Very interesting. I found them on either side today. Had no idea. What's interesting is that on my 2006, I dont have to pull the whole wire loom out from underneath to get my tails out. I just untwist each socket from the tail housing and the housing comes out. What sucks about the led tails I ordered, is that they don't plug into that wire harness that runs underneath. Each socket coming from the tail has a male end that plugs into the female ended light socket coming from each set of wires off my truck. Supossedly they have resistors built into the tailight assembly itself but I don't think they do and that's what's causing problems. Anyways thanks for the info on those under body harnesses!

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
This is what you meant.
So in the box of new led tail lights they come with a brand new wiring harness too?
Should only have to use your oem harness

OP
OP
chevrol8t

chevrol8t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what you meant.
So in the box of new led tail lights they come with a brand new wiring harness too?
Should only have to use your oem harness
Yes sir that is correct!

Sorry for the freaky late reply...

OP
OP
chevrol8t

chevrol8t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update. Tail lights are still running with no issue. Will update further if anything changes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos