New here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrianT28

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone - name is Brian and I'm in the market for a used Tahoe or Yukon 2015 or newer and have been looking at a few vehicles. Being in the NE, one thing I have noticed is a lot of these trucks have excessive rust on the undercarriage. I understand that being on the Coast in the NE is a double whammy but I just wanted to make sure that this is not a serious issue. If I were to post some photos, could I get some input on this? Thanks in advance!

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know but wow that seems extreme, IMO. Our 15 has a little surface rust here and there but that thing looks like it was dipped in the ocean. I don't know if GM coats much but my 5yr old grand cherokee still looks like new underneath after 5 michigan winters.

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's A LOT of rust for a '15 with 17k miles! I would pass and keep looking. Just remember to get a car fax and a ppi prior to buying

OP
OP
B

BrianT28

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you - my thoughts exactly. I love when the cars salesman says "they all look like that" LOL

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like a lot. My 06 Tahoe and 13 Suburban don't look that bad in S. Florida. I know I'm not in the salt/rust belt, but that looks like some extra.

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brian :welcome:to the forum. That's a salesman's pitch which puts $$$$ in his pocket. There's lots to choose from, and my advise is to talk with the previous owner, if that information is kept from you, THEREIN LIES A PROBLEM. Everyone knows where the car came from. Too many vehicles are purchased @ Auction and no prior is available BEWARE. You can see the condition of my 99 with 198k, underneath is like new, good SOUTHERN ride, lives n the garage. JMHO and good luck.
David g.:)

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Brian..I would definitely pass on that.

It as good you checked it out thoroughly..Most people would not have put it on the rack..Especially a 2015..Whatever you buy I know you find all service records from the time it hit the streets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt