New here, Lowering my 03 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan Acosta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running Arnott's air shocks. I just had to shorten the ride height sensors. That way I can still tow without the hassle of helper bags.
How does shortening the sensor rods help/work? It would seem that shortening would prevent the pump from turning on.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does shortening the sensor rods help/work? It would seem that shortening would prevent the pump from turning on.
If you leave them stock length and you've lowered the suspension, the system thinks there is a trailer or heavy load on and adds air in the shocks until it's back at the stock height or close to it. In my case, it raised the rear back up about 1- 1 1/2" past level. There does need to be a little air in the shocks to work right though so you need to experiment with the rod length. Also, they can't be too short or they will come apart when you jack it up and the suspension is hanging. If I let all the air out of my rear shocks right now it settles about 1/2" and has a squat if that makes sense, so the system airs up about 1/2". If I put stock length ride height sensors back it and let it adjust itself it airs up about 2" and has a rake and that isn't what I want. Now I'm running level with minimal clearance to my 26's and when I add my trailer the system adds air and maintains that clearance and still sits level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan